PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with my hood bracket and latch?????

89AccordLXI666
03-27-2003, 08:05 AM
:mad: Awwww damnit :wtf: is up with this sh**.... I just got my hood replaced with a new/used one from the junk yard and I got one that acually matches the color of my car, but that's besides the point... but n e ways..... I also had to replace the hood latch and the stupid support bracket that the latch bolts onto with 3 bolts.... well problem is, it appears that the top part of the latch has to be angled forward in order for the stupid hood to lock on the hood latch.... now I have tried to get the damn thing to lock or even have the black hook catch the metal oval part underneith the hood but no such luck.... I took off the front piece of the hood the plastic piece so I can see how the hood latch reacts to the hood and see if I can adjust it.... well it seems the hood latch is way off, like it's pushed back or something..... Now WTF am I supposed to do??? am I supposed to bend the support bracket a little forward towards the bumper or what??? Keep in mind I have also adjusted the hood too, and on the drivers side it doesn't really line up correctly and the passenger side of the hood lines up perfect... I too have also adjusted the hood hinges but nothing, it's as straight as it's gonna get I guess..... What I'm tring to fix is the hood latch thing... it worked fine off the junk yard accord before I took it off but when I put it in mine, no such luck... can some one please help me.... The only thing I have holding that hood down is a power cord tied to the towing hook on the bottom of the front of the car, and god know's how long that will last before I see this hood go flying up against the windshield.... Thanks to anyone who helps me out..... Lataz... n sorry for the long post... lataz :bow:

AZmike
03-27-2003, 10:14 AM
Mine didn't work well when I got it until I pulled the latch forward some using a claw hammer.