PDA

View Full Version : best dent puller?

sleeper98gsr
03-27-2003, 08:09 PM
OK, so I got REALLY drunk last night. My friends and I thought it'd be great to run shopping carts into the Accord seeing as how it was parked in a supermarket lot. Well, to make a long story short, my friend was inside one of the carts with a motorcycle helmet on, and we pushed him into the Accord at a pretty good clip. His head put a HUGE dent into the left 1/4 by the door. This, to accompany the dent I got at the DMV yesterday in the same spot on the right side from a chick taking her license test. My question is, what's the best way to get a non-creased dent out from that area? I feel really bad that I let it happen to it, and I least want to get them out somewhat.

Nospeed
03-27-2003, 09:26 PM
well, first of all...dont you think its stupid to beat up your car like that, drunk or not? i dunno, just my opinion.

theres a dent puller on tv...check it out! hehehe :D

MrBen
03-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Wow, thats pretty drunk! Someone dented your car at the DMV?! Damn! I bet that got docked points...

Anyway, a non creased dent. Whatever you do, don't buy the ones you see on TV with that glue shit. They don't work well. I havent found the best method to pull them (other than a body shop), so I guess I am curious as well.

blazin3gen
03-27-2003, 09:30 PM
the DING KING THE DING KING!

Vanilla Sky
03-27-2003, 11:02 PM
unless you can push it out or hammer it out from the rear, drilling or welding is needed... i got good with the $6 puller from advance, but i had to drill holes... did a great job, though, but i still had to hammer and shit to reshape it all

87Hybrid
03-28-2003, 04:40 AM
Harbor freight (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/headsearch.taf?function=Search)

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/40900-40999/40993.gif

These work pretty well ir you use a dead blow hammer lightly arount the edges of the dent while pulling with one of these.

markmdz89hatch
03-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by sleeper98gsr
OK, so I got REALLY drunk last night. My friends and I thought it'd be great to run shopping carts into the Accord seeing as how it was parked in a supermarket lot. Well, to make a long story short, my friend was inside one of the carts with a motorcycle helmet on, and we pushed him into the Accord at a pretty good clip. His head put a HUGE dent into the left 1/4 by the door. This, to accompany the dent I got at the DMV yesterday in the same spot on the right side from a chick taking her license test. My question is, what's the best way to get a non-creased dent out from that area? I feel really bad that I let it happen to it, and I least want to get them out somewhat.

Ok, so which parking lot did you guys do that in? Damn how I would love to see some jack-ass flying through a parking lot in a shopping cart with a helmet on. I'd pay money to see that.

As for the dent, if it's a large area dent without any creases (or very little creasing) break out the trusty 'ol rubber plunger from the bathroom and give that a shot. Other then that Hybrid's got the tool of choice right there.

3G Jester
03-28-2003, 07:39 AM
try hybrids tool, or use marks idea.

for the holes that you have to drill for sum dent pullers.....well theres always my drug of choice....

http://www.bondo-online.com/Default.asp

BONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrBen
03-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Don't use the dent pullers that require just glue.