PDA

View Full Version : Proud owner of a 87 LXI

PogiLXI
03-28-2003, 01:50 AM
WELP! I got a 87 LXI baby!!!! heh. now, heres a prob. It has an alarm on it, but I got no Remotes. Its Disconected right now. Is there Anyway to Reconnect it and Get new Remotes??? thanks!!!!

Immeraufdemhund
03-28-2003, 05:38 AM
hmm.. i think if you write the company that made the alarm, and explain to them. If you still have the old title, you could use that phone number and call the dude. Other than that i'd be stumped because usually it uses a special frequancy then sends some codes to the sensor to tell the alarm what to do, and to figure those out is kinda a pain. cause you have to cycle through a set of frequency's then you have to send it a certain code to figure everythign out. I'd just suggest removing the alarm all together not to many people interested in these old cars were the stereo is more expensive than the car.

PogiLXI
03-28-2003, 11:42 AM
I already Bought it, it already has a Alarm in it. so why spend more money to put a Alarm in it???? heh.

Blue Impact
03-28-2003, 12:20 PM
First and foremost, welcome to the board. You've posted in the wrong section (typical newbie mistake), but I forgive you for that and hopefully everyone else.

Anyways, with your alarm, if I were you and really want the alarm, then I'd just call the place that made the alarm and explain to them; and I would call the dude/gal who I bought the car from and ask about the alarm and remote.

Downlow89LX
04-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Take it to an autosound shop. They might be able to program some new ones to the alarm, depending on which brand it is. My alarm owners manual says they can with mine......... Possibly yours also.