PDA

View Full Version : ALB box problems

AerodeckMan
03-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Hi all,
i have a problem with the ALB box of my Aerodeck.
ALB led on after 3 secs.

All parts (hydraulic and sensors) have been tested accordingly to manuals and seems ok.
I have a fault 12 - 2 indicated by ALB leds on the ALB box even when i reset the system with fuse removed 3 secs...

I think the prob is coming from the ALB box.

As i am technician in electronic, i am searching an electronic schematic of the ALB board !

This, in the duty to reduce the price of a second hand board (150 $)

Thanks for support !

AZmike
03-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Is what you're calling the "ALB box," the fuel injection computer under the driver's seat?

AerodeckMan
03-29-2003, 01:16 AM
No Mike,

I am speaking about the control unit of the ABS system (called ALB) located between the gear box stick and the fan command.

ALB means something like Automatic Limit Braking

-------------------
Herve

RCracer
03-29-2003, 02:54 AM
It means ANTI LOCK BRAKES.
I threw a ABS control unit away a few weeks ago(from my B20a parts car). Its always the same. They are quite common in the UK though all the EFI models had ABS

Mike's89AccordLX
03-29-2003, 02:58 AM
Sure throw it away like it's nothing. I wish I had ABS and airbags and climate control. Damit why does america get crappy hondas? (Don't answer that I know why) Just gotta vent a little.

carotman
03-29-2003, 06:17 AM
The ALB box gives an error code of what is going wrong. Search on the net (or go to the honda dealer) and you will be able to pinpoint EXACTLY what is going wrong with the system. The error codes are quite helpful.

AerodeckMan
03-29-2003, 09:36 AM
I have found an interesting website : www.bba-reman.com but they don't give the corresponding codes for the first ALB version corresponding to my '87 model.

AerodeckMan
04-02-2003, 08:15 AM
Some news...

I have checked again and i think the problem is more due to the solenoid than the control unit.

I explain: after opening the control unit, i have found a power transistor working in 12V out of order... It was corresponding to the right SOLENOID.

After rechecking the solenoids, i have found that the right' impedances was not corresponding to left and rear:
On a sdolenoid i have 3 cables: Red Yellow and Black making 3ohm 3ohm and 6ohm... for left and rear

and on my righ i have 3ohm 0.5ohm and 3.5ohm
seems that a part of the solenoid is dead...

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ENCOUNTERED THE SAME PROBLEM ?

Many thanks for your support !
Aerodeckman

smufguy
04-02-2003, 08:54 AM
so far i have heard of only two users, both aerodeck users with ABS. people might have read about the ABS on the 3g but never seen it in real life, not that many people are that blessed. Give an email to paul aeroduck (With the website and shop manual) he should have the repair guide for it.

AerodeckMan
04-15-2003, 06:21 AM
HI all, i have some good news !

I am gone to the scrap, and i have found a ROVER 116 (european car) and they have the same modulator (i mean valves and solenoid assembly) !

That's wright, i have seen that on BAA-reman also (that's a remanufactirer of OEM)

SO for the price of a new solenoid bought at Honda, i have a second hand complete assembly !!!!!!

Now, i will clean all that stuff and reassemble all !

Thanks guys for your help.
The happy Aerodeckman !

SiR
04-15-2003, 07:30 AM
Thats great news, Honda parts are quite expensive straight from them.

AerodeckMan
04-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Yes, and for the little story,

i m quite sure that the complete engine box is the same (details on air filter and others are exactly identical!),

But this right for the rover 116 16v but after this model appears Peugeot engines...

Unfortunately, Rover 116 are as rare as aerodecks !

smufguy
04-16-2003, 02:18 PM
thats weird having a rover part for a 3g. I am glad you got it done dude. unlike Paul, u did not have to change it after a big accident.