PDA

View Full Version : can ya keep A/C and CC with a Weber?

bradccool
03-28-2003, 10:53 AM
I am getting a weber in like 2 weeks and I was just wondering if there is any way I can keep the A/C and the Cruise Control with the weber............I have herd on other posts that the A/C vacume lines only control the Idle boost when ya cut it on .......and thats no big deal for me if I loose that....I will just set my idle up to compunsate......but CC is a whole different story.........if it is possible can yall let me know? thx!

Mike's89AccordLX
03-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Yeah you can, but if you remove the vac. lines you won't have cruise control.

bradccool
03-28-2003, 04:04 PM
I thought I had to remove all the vac lines for a weber to work?

dXsquared
03-28-2003, 04:07 PM
nope.. it just looks better.. but the vac lines will go to NO WHERE if you dont remove

Travis

2old_honda
03-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by bradccool
I thought I had to remove all the vac lines for a weber to work?

You can leave them on. but you will have to plug like 20 of those metal tubes. If you do that you will have a much larger chance of vac leaks. It is better to just remove everything and plug the holes in the manifold (there are like 4 of them).

bradccool
03-28-2003, 08:11 PM
ok, let me get this st8......I can keep my AC with a weber *just no idle boost when cut on* and I can keep the CC but I have to plug a ton a vac lines.......if I were to try and plug the vac lines......which ones would I plug? also does the weber get as good of gas mileage as the stock one? just curios......thx alot for yalls help

3rdGenFanatic
04-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Man, someone confirm this for him. I'm itching to know myself.

bradccool
04-19-2003, 07:40 AM
I havnt had a post to this in a long time.........*well a week or two...hehe* still no confirm tho.......I havnt bought a weber yet tho...still thinking about it.........I like my Cruze Control

2old_honda
04-19-2003, 02:11 PM
yes you can still keep your AC. I dont think you can keep your CC, but I dont know for sure.

lostforawhile
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM
just saw this old post, all you need to do to keep the cruise is run one vacuum line from manifold vacuum to the line on the cruise vacuum canister, thats it. and you can't have AC idle boost with a webber, saw this just now and I thought I would correct it