PDA

View Full Version : tec question...

JasonSeI
03-28-2003, 11:56 AM
I know some of you have went to an efi set up, but do you that have done it, changed the wireing harness and the ecu?? DO you have to change it out? Is there a stick, and FI ecu out there, I haven't found one, nut I figured that you woulded need to change the ecu if you went to a 5-speed. now if you had a 5-speed and went to efi, or an auto tranny then you would need the wireing harness right??

What is all needed to do make my 89 accord sei a 5-speed, and what cars can I get them from??? I know I can get a 5 speed from a lower end accord, but do I need the ecu, or the wiring??

needs (I think)
-5 speed (duh)
-cables
-pedals
-shifter

Do I need different cv's?
Also do I need the ecu off that 5-speed car as all of them I've seen are carb'ed?
Also do I need that wireing harness... but if I took of fmine then my fi wouldn't work...???

Any help or info would be gr8!!

Jay

AccordEpicenter
03-29-2003, 09:54 PM
ecus between carb and efi are different, but thats it, a efi 5 speed or auto ecu are the same. You have an sei, keep your ecu and go from there. You need the drivers side axle shaft too

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-30-2003, 11:09 AM
AccordEpicenter,
Carburated Accords do not have an ECU. :D:rolleyes:

3axap.

AccordEpicenter
03-30-2003, 07:53 PM
they do have a control box... check for yourself its under the seat. Its an ecu of some sort

xbi0s
03-31-2003, 07:34 AM
*Looks at his 1966 Ford F-100... Carb...*

Nope.. No ECU in this bad boy.. Only wires in there are the spark plug wires :)

djsbon
03-31-2003, 08:28 AM
i am wanting to do the same (auto - to - 5spd swap)... for my carbed a20a1... what else do i need for it?

-grey