PDA

View Full Version : carto, rob, yk head rebuild info

mykwikcoupe
03-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Has anyone looked into the rebuilding of the head of a b20a? JDM of course. Did you use the original springs and valves or did you find compatible. I think I want sodium filled titanium valves but would settle for something new.:eek: Any info is appresiated thanks Mike

carotman
03-28-2003, 05:33 PM
All the parts for the B20A are the same as the Prelude B20A5. Only the springs were a different part number (maybe they are stiffer)

I'm pretty sure that we could find another honda spring that could fit there (the B20A5 springs could fit as well)

So, if you want anything (seals, valves, guides...) just look for B20A5 parts (Prelude 2.0Si 88-91)

mykwikcoupe
03-28-2003, 05:55 PM
well that was easy eniugh. I knew i could bet on a responce from you. Thanks again. Hows the swap going anyway. Any snags lately?

RobT5580
03-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Man it seems like all of use are working to do our swaps at the same time. I still have a lot to buy its ulmost never ending but i have bought some of the more expensive stuff already. So far i have bought:

New T-3 Super 60 Turbo
Spearco Air to Air Intercooler
DC Strut Bar (Polished)
Pacesetter Short Shifter
Autometer ( Boost and Air/Fuel gauges)
Fluidyne Power steering cooler (since my old one is in the way)
New Clifford Alarm
1 Full B20A Swap
Mike Lee's Turbo Block and Custom Cam Gears
Spare 5 Spd Tranny
AEM Brake Pads
Earl's Braided Brake Lines
Special Caliper Paint
And i have been putting some time and money into getting my AEM Big Brake setup on.

Money goes quick and the next thing im getting is the Equal Length Turbo manifold. Then i need mainly the JDM Honda Parts, and the small stuff like turbo timer, BOV, Deltagate, etc. But my dream is coming true finally but its been a lot of work and money.

YK86
03-29-2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah, we'll probably all finish at the same time too! But the cool thing is we've all done something different to the B20A so all of them will be very nice when done and still have their individual uniqueness!

mykwikcoupe
03-29-2003, 12:28 AM
I recently purchased a set of jdm markers but thats about as far as I ve gotten the last month or two. I have to save up for a house to start the toys. I have 90% of the parts just waiting on a place to put it. Anyoe have torque or HP goals yet? I havent desidied on a cam grind yet. Any help. For now its B20a with B18c5 high comp pistons, h23a rods, pretty much stock everything else. Oh, and the dual 45mm weber dcoe's. I was planning on redline about 5500-7000 in there somewhere. I think the carbs are a little much so i am pretty sure I can rev it up quite a ways. Any thoughts?

YK86
03-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Hmm...I don't have much of a goal because even the stock 160HP would be better than what I had (hopefully) with my semi-modded A20. I'd like to have roughly 180HP with the mods I have and reground cams (I'll be going Colt as usual). I think that's pretty reasonable and not overrating stuff.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by mykwikcoupe
I recently purchased a set of jdm markers but thats about as far as I ve gotten the last month or two. I have to save up for a house to start the toys. I have 90% of the parts just waiting on a place to put it. Anyoe have torque or HP goals yet? I havent desidied on a cam grind yet. Any help. For now its B20a with B18c5 high comp pistons, h23a rods, pretty much stock everything else. Oh, and the dual 45mm weber dcoe's. I was planning on redline about 5500-7000 in there somewhere. I think the carbs are a little much so i am pretty sure I can rev it up quite a ways. Any thoughts?

wow ur gonna mix High compression Type-R pistons with low compression H23 Rods! what are u planning to gain from this?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-29-2003, 12:57 AM
Planning to buy new parts after awhile :D

carotman
03-29-2003, 06:15 AM
For my side, the B20A swap is going slowly.... funds are the major problem.... I still need to gather a few parts tough... ITR pistons, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, gasket set.

The reod need to be machined to fit the Type-R pistons too. I'll get the head ported and I might use a Type-R intake manifold too.

mykwikcoupe
03-29-2003, 08:28 AM
It supposed to give me a little stroke, plus I am haveing ever ything shot peened anyway so the weakness wont matter too much

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2003, 04:15 AM
Man the only major issue with me is where am I gonna put a spare motor. Can't have it at home b/c my mom bitches about my spare wheels. I think I will take a year to get all of the internals and everything so it will work. And then put it in and then start modding like crazy. But I would rather have the head and block ported while I have my a20a1 in the car still. and then get pistons and valve springs and the goodies. I might try Colt cams for the cam grinds. I don't know if I want the car to be all out race or what. It will most likely have dual carbs (big ass ones too) so it will be loud.