PDA

View Full Version : Problems Problems Problems :'(

2Fast_Fiero
03-28-2003, 07:21 PM
:mad: :confused: :burn: :wtf: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!
Here's the story. I drop the new engine in, I start it, it runs like crap, I fix the problem, it runs. Next day I try to start it, it don't start without being primed, then it runs perfectly. Then I start it up, turn the car around to drive it up on ramps, I drive it up on ramps and turn it off, I put the stock exhaust pipes back on, and try to start it, and it dont start. So I fill the tank up with gas, it still dont start, accasionaly I can hear it fire, but it dont start, so I replace the spark plugs with boshe platinum 4+ spark plugs, and it starts right up, so I take it for a spin, I drive it for about 10 minutes, get to a stop light and it bogs down and dies, well this just happened a few minutes ago, I'm caughing cause its soo cold out there. I saw what looked like to be smoke comming from under the hood, I open it up and it turns out to be steam, well something down there is steaming, It has no smell. All I can think of is its either coolant leaking onto the exhaust. But I do have a leak in 2 of my O rings on my Injectors, which pushes out some fuel. Can someone please help me. I'm almost in tears because of this stupid Honduh.

AZmike
03-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Your injectors are probably what is leaking, not the seal at the o-rings. My Honda manual shows that the most likely causes of stalling after warming up are either a bad EGR system or a bad electronic air control valve.

2Fast_Fiero
03-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Explain please. I need a quick answer. Time is running out for this honda. The car reved up and down a lil. Not often. And the rpm's were high, but when I took it down the road, the rpm's leveled out.

AZmike
03-30-2003, 10:42 PM
From your other post it sounds like a bad TPS could be the cause of everything.

em_
03-31-2003, 07:34 PM
bad ignition module cause that

random fuckup

:mad: my sunbird used to start only when it felt like it

the ignition module on that car was in the distributor cap