PDA

View Full Version : Engine Replacement

Alexi3rdgen
03-28-2003, 11:25 PM
Hey All!

I have an '89 LX-i with an original dealer installed CD player! After Blowing the head-gasket and having the engine rebuilt, several months later the radiator hose busted and my car overheated. Due to those complications my engine is now ruined, and I want to fix it. (My '95 Accord just isn't as fun!) Where can I get an inexpensive decent engine? And should i porbably find a professional for this? And finally...will I have to sacrifice my still funtioning air conditioner in the process? Thanks to all.

Wes

Mike's89AccordLX
03-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Did your car come with a cd holder also? Take some pics dude. I would suggest doing a b16, b18, or b20 swap. If you do a search you will find all of the info you should need. Welcome to the board.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-29-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Alexi3rdgen
Hey All!

I have an '89 LX-i with an original dealer installed CD player! After Blowing the head-gasket and having the engine rebuilt, several months later the radiator hose busted and my car overheated. Due to those complications my engine is now ruined, and I want to fix it. (My '95 Accord just isn't as fun!) Where can I get an inexpensive decent engine? And should i porbably find a professional for this? And finally...will I have to sacrifice my still funtioning air conditioner in the process? Thanks to all.

Wes

Well the cheapest swap would be a JDM B20a ( JDM Accord Engine ) , then next one would be a B16a.. None of these swaps are actually cheap at all!! But out of the few you could do these are the cheapest! I recomment a B16a..But you will spend an extra 1500 in parts..(axles, mounts, shift linkage, ecu )..So before u decide to swap anything!! be ready to spend some money! and do lots of research! :wave:

AvgWhtMale
03-29-2003, 05:33 AM
The cheapest swap would be... the A20A3! That's the same engine it came with, and should be fairly cheap to replace (i.e. less than the $1000 the B20a's go for). I would say call some junkyards, and maybe some engine importers. Where do you live?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-29-2003, 05:35 AM
No one cares about his stock cd player that people have been searching for? I would like to see the pics of it, and if it came with a cd holder.

Blue Impact
03-29-2003, 10:04 AM
I got my A20A3 a little over a year ago for $450 with 180K miles on it. I could have find a better deal, but I was desperate to get my car running again. I got it from a Honda wreckyard.

Alexi3rdgen
03-29-2003, 10:54 AM
Hey Again, I'll go take pictures today. I'm okay with getting the stock engine, as I'm waiting for a different car to pour the money I don't have into. I'm not a huge fan of the maroon interior, so I'll wait till I get a grey, or a tan interior. (or better still an SE-i, but that's another story) Do you know how much it costs to get the engine installed? I've got to work to pay for housing next year, so I'm gonna have to work a lot to pay for both. Thanks,

Wes

Alexi3rdgen
03-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Okay, maybe I'll take pictures tomorrow...It rained, and the cows only recently left the pasture, so the area in front of the barn is freshly amiss with mud, and "other stuff," so I didn't want to get it all over Alexi's tires.

Wes