PDA

View Full Version : Head Light Switch for 89 AccordLx-i???

89AccordLXI666
05-30-2002, 10:09 AM
:confused: ok now before I go and f**k things up in my car, I need to know if it's easy to replace the switch to turn the head lights on?? My switchis all f**ked up, like every time, I turn it on the head lights will go on but the tail lights and side marker lights won't come on unless I tweak with the switch for a while, and it's starting to piss me off, so I called the junk yard today and asked them how much it was going to cost, the guy told me 20 bucks, so in awhile I think I'm gonna go get one, then come home and install it, but I just wanna know what kinda shit I'm gonna run into. Is this going to be an easy mission to complete or is it gonna be a difficult task? If some one could help me that would be great, Thanks guy's you all are #1 in my good list, LOL lol { Peace out! :super: :D :)

89AccordNate
05-30-2002, 02:30 PM
Ok, this task is quite easy. First you need to take the steering wheel off, there are 4 screws on the back of it. Then yoiu need to take the cover off of the wheel, once you get that off, there is a big bolt in there (18mm?) and unscrew it. Make sure before you start that your wheel is straight, so then you can put it back on straight. Then you need to take off the cover around the ignition, there are 4 screws under there (I think the numbers are right). Then once you get those covers off the peice is attached by 2 or 3 small screws. The switch on the dash is hooked to a wiring harness, if you lay down and look up under your dash, follow the harness to the control box and disconnect the 3 connections. No need to remember where they go, since they are 3 different sizes. Then the switch should slide off, you put the new one back on in the reverse order. Make sure you reattach the small blue wire for your horn when you put the cover back on for your steering wheel (the cover is the thing with the H emblem attached, and horn buttons).

Thats a choppy overview of what I remember doing it..heres what it looks like about half way through.....

http://89accord.0catch.com/switch1.jpg

Its not that hard, just a little time consuming.

Nate.

Chrome_thangs
05-30-2002, 06:49 PM
i just went through that problem also. It was fairly easy only took about 20 min. The only problem i ran into is putting the steering wheel back on straight, may take a few tries!

89AccordLXI666
05-31-2002, 04:58 AM
:D Thanks guy's for the help! I bought the switch read the replys then got down to buisness on the light switch, now it works like a charm thanks to all of you who posted and helped me get through this shit, it means alot, Thanks again, and keep on cruisin with the 3geez. :super: :D :)