PDA

View Full Version : A20a1

OmEgA PuLsE
03-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Im drivin a 91 Civic hatch right now and once I sell it [probably for somewhere around $2300], I need to do something about the engine in my dead 89 Lx-i. One of its piston rings are loose and with labor, it'll cost me around $1500 to fix up so f that, I wanna get a used A20A1. Anyone know for how much I can get a used one with under 95k mi??

Mike's89AccordLX
03-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Fix it yourself dude. So you want to get a carbed engine? Or a FI engine. I think you'd be the second to convert to carb :bow:A20A1:bow: He converted a FI to carb :D

OmEgA PuLsE
03-29-2003, 10:16 PM
I dont know enuff to repair an engine myself. And also, my 3g is EFI. Even if I DID know how to repair it, I wouldnt have the time for it until the Summer. I honestly think it's best if I just buy a used one, dont u think?

Sean
03-30-2003, 01:55 PM
hmm you could gte a jasper or Aarons rebuilt engine for a reasonable price.

dXsquared
03-30-2003, 01:58 PM
lol.. your exhaust tip is sticking way out from the back of your car! thats funny... mine isnt even to the edge of the bumper.. its almost hidden!

Travis

OmEgA PuLsE
03-30-2003, 05:11 PM
lol.. your exhaust tip is sticking way out from the back of your car! thats funny... mine isnt even to the edge of the bumper.. its almost hidden!

Well that's actually how my car was made dude. I tried putting the muffler tip as far back as possible but the exhaust pipe bends really close to the edge. Besides, it's a temporary cheap muffler tip I'm gonna have until I get an actual performance one like APEXi or GReddy or somewhere along that line. But about the A20A1, I keep gettin all these ppl tellin me they know where I can get a nice used one for mad cheap so I think I'll be good. Also, I'm gonna be sellin the Civic cheaper now as well so hopefully I'll have my 3G up and running within the next 2 months. I think I'll just mod the stock A20A1 once I get it instead of gettin a used performance B-series engine n whatnot.

djsbon
03-30-2003, 05:46 PM
if you have an 89 lx-i, you don't want an a20a1 you'd want the FI engine, a20a3, for example. omega, i gotta hit the junk yards probably in the next month for my auto-to-5spd conversion, so call me up and we'll go together. i'll talk to turfnsurf as well, he's a genious with junk yards :)

-grey.

OmEgA PuLsE
03-30-2003, 06:22 PM
Wow dude, thanx for the lookout. Definitely let me know b4hand when u go to the junkyard. If I find some good A20A3s here I'll let ya know as well.

smufguy
03-30-2003, 09:21 PM
omar hit the somerset Recycling and Wreckers on 27S right after Veronica and the railroad. We talked about it. THey got a lotta 3gs there dude.

OmEgA PuLsE
03-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Shit ... I still remember that place, but since I'm the type of guy that can get ripped off easily if you just say some big words related to mechanical work in a car so I'd rather not go alone ... :( . Ok ok, I'm not *THAT* car illiterate, but I do think that it's better if I go with someone b/c unless the engine's in an extreme condition, I won't realize how good or bad it is ... and no one wants to come home with something they didn't want to pay for, ESPECIALLY something around $400 or more. Dude let me know when you're free, cuz I honestly don't know anyone else around here (locally) that knows that much about 3gs than you do dude. And also, you think you can hook me up with that Kingston mechanic of yours?? If this guy's cool, I wanna meet him.
Btw Grey ... or Gray .... I'll let ya know if I get plans to go to the junkyard or recyclin place for my 3g, ok?

smufguy
03-31-2003, 01:34 PM
yeah, paul, my mechanic is awsome. i will give u his contact info if u wanna. if u want any carb parts or what not, i got a shitload that i pulled off from my car still with me. So feel free to nose thru em. I am packed with classes and exams and work till the summer so i cant do anything till then. but after my exams we can go check it out if u wanna, besides, the dude (Rick) in the somerset wrecking is a decent guy, he wont rip u off, besides, pullin an engine from the junkyard is pretty darn hard considering some or most of em are flat on the ground on their rotors. I would suggest u get the block from someone here.

NOTE: Chris (Civteck) has the A20A1 pulled out from his car and its sitting in his garage. If u want that engine, i can give him a call and talk about it. Also, u gotta have a pick up truck or what not for it to take it back to your house.

OmEgA PuLsE
03-31-2003, 01:39 PM
Well...is a Ford Excursion big enough?? But getting it home isn't the problem, it's just that I have no clue how to do it, and I don't even have the proper equipment. Besides, I need A20A3, not A20A1...my bad on the wrong title. Also, thanx for the offer, but my 3g's FI so I dont think I'd really want any carbed parts. But do you still need the master cylinder? I also need one of them.

89 Accords Rock
04-15-2003, 08:56 AM
560 canadian under 50000km

89 Accords Rock
04-15-2003, 08:56 AM
460 canadian under 50000km