PDA

View Full Version : 1 sub or 2 in hb

Johnny Honda
05-30-2002, 12:22 PM
i have an 86 accord hb lxi,no pix yet.i bought 2 mtx 6000 series 12s and need to know if i should put 1-12 or 2...john

87accordlxi
05-30-2002, 12:27 PM
my tastes lean toward one, but nearly everyone else here is gonna tell you two

pimp86LX
05-30-2002, 12:32 PM
it all depends... one will thump nice enough...if you really want it pounding, ya know the kind that you can hear coming, go for two.....up here if you have two you usually get pulled over and ticketed for noise pollution

Vanilla Sky
05-30-2002, 01:37 PM
if you go with 2 subs, the best way, in my opinion is to moun the subs on opposite sides of the box so they fire away from each other... you would still fire them IN PHASE in relation to each other so that both will be forcing air outward at the same time

i would only do this in a hatch when it is fairly open on both sides of the enclosure

it's all up to you anyway, but i would probably just run a single and run it at about half of it's peak wattage or with an amp that peaks as close to the RMS of the sub as POSSIBLE

Derick

bobafett
05-30-2002, 01:42 PM
i have 2 10" unknown pioneer subs and its sounds great to me!

( i could look to see what they are but i am lazy...)

all i know is they are 10yrs old cause my dad put the stereo in my car a long time ago!

pimp86LX
05-30-2002, 01:49 PM
i've got 2 12" ers called super Q's and they pound

i got a $75 ticket cause i was sittin in traffic with it on

all i can say is
system of a down RULES cranked w/subs

ie) crank "Forest" sometime and you'll know what i mean

:super: :super: :super:

Jdub07
05-30-2002, 01:52 PM
I have a hatchback with two 12" and a amp that has never worked...when i get my new amp I'll let you know just how awsome it is! :lol :flash:

bobafett
05-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
i've got 2 12" ers called super Q's and they pound

i got a $75 ticket cause i was sittin in traffic with it on

all i can say is
system of a down RULES cranked w/subs

ie) crank "Forest" sometime and you'll know what i mean

:super: :super: :super:

dude that is like is my favorite song of all time!!!

pimp86LX
05-30-2002, 02:03 PM
YEEEE!!! it is a kick ass song
especially with subs

man if you like metal and stuff
d/l some slayer

old skool metal it rules

bobafett
05-30-2002, 02:32 PM
really the only metal i am into is pantera type music... that and hardcord punk type music.... (although some propagandhi cd's sound like shit on a good system, since they were recorded so poorly! :( )

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-30-2002, 02:58 PM
(SLAYER)
AGGREESIVE PERFEKTOR SOUNDS LOVELY WITH SUBS.....
WITH A LIL RAIN IN BLOOD ..THESE LOVELY SONGS CAN BE FOUND ON THE REIGN IN BLOOD LP..,..

GO HATES US ALL!~

ALSO?? CAN A 15 INCH FIT IN OUR TRUNKS ( 88 LX-I COUPE )

TeKKnoTeKK
05-30-2002, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't suggest a 15 if you listen to music like that....15's and above do better with more constant bass (rap, classical, etc), since they are so big they aren't known for quick response times. So if you listen to head bangin' music you would more than likely be disappointed, just my .02

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-30-2002, 05:05 PM
0.2 a day makes me 14 cents richer by the end of the week... I know what u mean.. I like hard metal, but my g/f and pals like rap , etc...So they get a kick out of pumping the system.. But I am flexible...So ur saying 15's fit?

pimp86LX
05-30-2002, 05:11 PM
hey theres nothin wrong with variety, personally i played in a jazz/blues band for 3 years...theres nothin like sittin in a smokey bar playin some good ole tunes....BUT there also aint nuthin like flossin your subs with the hip hop goin down tha street

All music is good....cept country
hahahahahha

:super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

Vanilla Sky
05-30-2002, 07:52 PM
i've measured many times... IF you place everything right, you can us 4 15's or 2 18's...you just lose ALL of the trunk

myself, i'm goin with a pair of 15's... either cerwin vega strokers or PG titaniums...

Derick

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-30-2002, 07:57 PM
I was planning to either get 2 15's or 2 12's i just dont want to lose all my trunk space!~:confused:

89accordlxi
05-31-2002, 11:46 AM
Well, First of all, what amp are you going to use to run your subs?
This will help you decide if 1 or 2 is better. It will also depend on whether your subs are 4 or 8 ohm. Lets say you have a 2 ch amp that will run 100W per channel in 2 ohm. Then lets just say 200W mono into 4 ohm. In this case, if you have a 4 ohm sub, you would be best to use one sub to get 200 W running it, or two 8 ohm subs wired in parallel to get a 4 ohm load.

Now lets say you have a 2 ch amp that will run 250w per channel in 4 ohm. if you have 4 ohm subs, just run each one of each channel.

I can sit here all day and run different scenerios. It all depends on what you have. Give more info so that we can give you the correct suggestion for what you are running. I don't see any point in saying do this or do that, 2 12's will rock , or go with a 15 or 18. Any system will sound good even great if set up correctly.

Get back with more info and we'll go from there.

later, Peace out!!!

Johnny Honda
05-31-2002, 06:07 PM
thanx guys youve been alot of help.i think im going with one CV 15". will there be a differnce if the box is on one side or the other? thanx. im new to the whole honda car. tuning,sound,gound effects.im in a car club out of yuma az. DownShift.iv got a freind that makes fiberglass ground effects for anything,window burning not etching. thanx for the help

Johnny Honda
05-31-2002, 06:17 PM
2 mtx 8000 series 15s,1-1000 watt 2 ch kicker amp,4-6inch mids mtx,1-400 watt 4 ch kicker amp,1 punch power cap,4 mtx swivel tweeters.panisonic cd w/remote deck........john late

Vanilla Sky
05-31-2002, 06:50 PM
well, with them mounted like that, you hear more ambient bass, but less drum bass

it's really up to you with the setup

and it's best to get with someone that can help you with the entire install

Derick

Johnny Honda
06-01-2002, 06:32 AM
thanx derick,its just weird just finding someone that wont bullshit you,ill just see if i can get someone from the sound depot.ill let you guys know when its hook up....john

3G Jester
06-01-2002, 10:29 AM
HATCHBACK OWNERS!!!!!

i own a hb and you have to either flip your sub box around so they hit off the back of your trunk or u have to buy a BAND-PASS BOX ...they are the enclosed boxes with plexiglass---then u can face them into ur trtunk area....

the reason for this is because our car is one big open area...not like a regular small enclosed trunk. In a regular small enclosed trunk the subs push the air in a small area...so they PUSH the air..so u hear it and feel it......
with hatch backs its one huge open area so the subs cant PUSH the air...theyu move alright and if they loud enough theyll hit good and ull hear it and fell it..but the badpass allows the subs to really push the air (they vent through the normal type vent holes on the tops/sides)

Its all up to you. Its just what ive been told by pros. and to tell u the truth it makes perfect sense

gr3k0sLaV
06-14-2002, 04:56 AM
These was this car going around town, it was a shitbox 1989
Ford Telstra, cRAPPPY CRAPP CRAPITI CRAP CRAP condition!

It had the best sounded system i've heard

The dude had 3 10'inchs in the back, that car you could hear a good 1-2 km's away, you could feel the bass....

recently he just upgraded to some 1000watt amp, with a sub + box that takes up his entire boot almost...the sub is some ridiculous size....it's even more powerful than the original setup.

Im going for two 12' in the boot.

I'd say go fortwo

XBLCanterX
07-10-2002, 08:16 AM
im not really too into the size of the subs...I have friends with 10s 12s and 15s...and I honestly think the 3-10" Alpine type R's my friend has hits harder than the other two with bigger subs...its all how you set it up...and how you feed your subs..(amp)

GreenMachine
07-15-2002, 10:42 PM
I've got 2 pheonix max 8" with only about 100 watts goin to them but its nice and LOUD. I used to have 2 old rockford 12 in a bandpass, that was f'nn loud but I found the 8" are good for the music I listen to - all depends what ya want i geuss

bobafett
07-18-2002, 02:22 PM
well i thought my sound system was good a few months ago, but i have upgraded all but my subs, and it is amazing now!

i bought some 800 retail (doubtful its that expensive really) for 140 at some super sale.... and then i bought my cd player (panasonic mp3 player deck) and i bought new pioneer 6.5's all around, and i have to turn all my bass setting down so it doesnt bug me!!! bass is at 0, and it kicks my ass if i crank it! unfortunately this car buzzes worse than anything i have ever heard! but its cool to see my windows shake when i am standing outside! :):)

Shagen
08-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Being that I am a musician I like to hear the full range of sound when I am listening to music, plus I like room to haul around my gear so I say one mounted tightly...however if you want intense pound then go with 2 and power the crap out of them