PDA

View Full Version : kappaz and a funny problem...

Microstreak
03-30-2003, 12:15 AM
i think i may have said this in a previous post, but i bought infinity kappa speakers, 62.5i s for the front and 692.5i s for the rear

i got the front speakers to fit, but i had to chuck the plastic holding thingy (forgot its name) away b/c the magnets were too damn big.

As for the rear, i couldn't physically put the speakers into the the back, yes ther 6x9 and the fronts are 6.5 but how was i supposed to know that they wern't gonna fit. anyway i screwed the speakers in from the bottom. as you can imagine im loosing alot of sound to my trunk b/c of that. has any1 here "banged " out the rear speaker holes so they can fit bigger speakers? i need to do this :sadwave: . but i have no clue other than gettin out a hammer, pliers and a wrench to do it. plus thers the problem of the back glass which could get damaged if i use a hammer. anybody have any suggestions or have done this yourself please share

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-30-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Microstreak
i think i may have said this in a previous post, but i bought infinity kappa speakers, 62.5i s for the front and 692.5i s for the rear

i got the front speakers to fit, but i had to chuck the plastic holding thingy (forgot its name) away b/c the magnets were too damn big.

As for the rear, i couldn't physically put the speakers into the the back, yes ther 6x9 and the fronts are 6.5 but how was i supposed to know that they wern't gonna fit. anyway i screwed the speakers in from the bottom. as you can imagine im loosing alot of sound to my trunk b/c of that. has any1 here "banged " out the rear speaker holes so they can fit bigger speakers? i need to do this :sadwave: . but i have no clue other than gettin out a hammer, pliers and a wrench to do it. plus thers the problem of the back glass which could get damaged if i use a hammer. anybody have any suggestions or have done this yourself please share

I had the same problem when I bought my Kappas! I did the same thing u did! But sometimes the vibration became bothersome! I just sold the rear ones , cause I did not want mod the rear! BTW where in NY are u?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-30-2003, 01:18 AM
Well for the rear speakers why dont you just get the 6X9 rear deck speaker adapters? I have a set for sale (tan)

Microstreak
03-30-2003, 01:34 AM
speaker adapters? i never heard of them before. wait i think i have but i never saw any for our cars.

btw im thinkin bout buyin a kicker amp and pwrin the spkrs, considerin my head puts out 22w rms and 200 rms (50 x4) peak, im gonna do it. i never heard of speaker adapters. ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› : i live in LI, funny user name btw

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-30-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Microstreak
speaker adapters? i never heard of them before. wait i think i have but i never saw any for our cars.

btw im thinkin bout buyin a kicker amp and pwrin the spkrs, considerin my head puts out 22w rms and 200 rms (50 x4) peak, im gonna do it. i never heard of speaker adapters. ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› : i live in LI, funny user name btw

Well Dope! I am in Manhattan! Not bad quite a few of us now! We should have a meet!

Mike's89AccordLX
03-30-2003, 01:44 AM
The speaker adapters allow you to put 6X9's in the rear deck. Only certain models came with them. Buying them would be easyier than cutting into the metal in the rear deck.

86hatchbackLXi
03-30-2003, 08:51 AM
find a friend with a dremel or a rotozip. it shouldnt be that hard to make them fit

dXsquared
03-30-2003, 08:55 AM
your head unit probably pushes like 20 watts max. they start to distort and sould like ass... get an amp and they will sound like 150 times better!

Travis

dXsquared
03-30-2003, 08:56 AM
oh.. and the adaptors lift the 6X9 out of the hole so they will fit.. plus they look cool

Travis

Microstreak
03-30-2003, 04:16 PM
my head pushes out 22w rms, 50w max x 4, its got a mosfet amp in it. yeh i want to get a kicker kx 600.4, ill hav to make a trip down to canal st and see how much ther sellin it fo. as for the adapter, i dont kno, mite work but some1 else said puttin it in the middle where ther are two rectangular shaped holes, it would require much less work to make them fit there. btw i have a brown int. and white ext.
as for the amp thing, they sound maddd nice w/o an amp but i want an amp neway, the kx600.4 mite be enough, evn tho its only 75 w x 4, it'll match my front's rms but not the rear.
im thinking about the kx600.4 b/c it'll be much more exp. although, yes im going to be losing around 25 w rms. in the rear it'll be more balanced i guess. as for security, i don't have an alarm, my last one was rippd to shreads by a rat (dont ask). i goto queens a lot, and brooklyn and manhatten once in a while. should i get subs? b/c its easy to break into our cars and to steal them. what do you guys thing as far as security is concerned?

Microstreak
03-30-2003, 04:27 PM
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› : if u can get some people together. a NY meet in mid july sounds great to me. i think there are a good deal of people from NY on this board. lets do this.

dXsquared
03-30-2003, 04:48 PM
the head unit is claimed to put out that much, but it really doesnt... even a 50 watt rmx amp will make it sound much better.. get that amp and you will be very happy with the sound of your system.. even with no subs... it will be very rich sound compared to the head unit amp

Travis

Microstreak
03-30-2003, 05:21 PM
travis, stop stressing me about the amp, ive known for a very long time that an amp will make it sound better. in fact im looking for a good deal on one. it sounds very good now, but i know my speakers can do more and sound better. im not an idiot. i said 22w rms, which is wht it usually puts out, and peaks at near 50. but im pretty sure you're jus tryin to help me out, thank you. if you have any suggestions on what amp to get (other than the kx 600.4 amp im considering) , then please share. sorry if i came off angry, i got a bad headache right now.

dXsquared
03-30-2003, 05:23 PM
oh! you want a sugestion for an amp!
www.ikesound.com

they have lots of nice amps there...

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
03-30-2003, 06:09 PM
So do you want to buy my speaker adapters? You can paint them to match your interior easily. PM me for pricing.

Microstreak
03-30-2003, 08:06 PM
I just bought the amp for the kappaz online. kx600.4. 144 shipped and insured. thanks for the help. and mike get back to me asap thanks.