PDA

View Full Version : Lowering and 17s for my Se-i... need help

Hash_man_Se_i
03-30-2003, 01:30 AM
Hey, I just got my 89 Se-i from my sister, it already has Tokico shocks on it, and I want to lower it some, and put some RH evolution 17" C2's on it.

What would be the best way to lower it, I am thinkin coilovers because i'm not sure how low I want, and need for our winters. What coilover kits are there and which one is best???

Also for the rims, I am debating 17s or 18s, are there any problems related to the bigger size?? and will the wheels I want work with the car, if anyone knows??

Jims 86LXI HB
03-30-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man_Se_i
Hey, I just got my 89 Se-i from my sister, it already has Tokico shocks on it, and I want to lower it some, and put some RH evolution 17" C2's on it.

What would be the best way to lower it, I am thinkin coilovers because i'm not sure how low I want, and need for our winters. What coilover kits are there and which one is best???

Also for the rims, I am debating 17s or 18s, are there any problems related to the bigger size?? and will the wheels I want work with the car, if anyone knows??

You don't want to lower it on tokico's let alone on coilovers. Coilovers have linear springs and are even harder for weak tokico's to be able to control. If you don't care how it rides or perform's, well go ahead. But the vast majority of my pm inbox is filled from members asking what they need to to to make their lowered ride better. And those are the lucky people that realized that something was wrong, some people don't know their's something better out their, that their putting up with things they shouldn't be. In any evet, you best bet if you HAVE to have coilovers would be Ground-Control coilovers and Koni struts. Don't be fooled by the other coilovers, like the dropzones, yeah their allot cheaper, but their EXTREAMLY stiff and even the Koni struts won't be able to control them right. Your best hope for keeping your tokico's is the softest lowering spring you can get for the 3rd gen, Neuspeed or H&R 1.5" drop spring. Thing is, even with the softest lowering springs, the tokico's still aren't stiff enough to behave right, but those springs are your best shot for tokico's, just won't be a perfect marrage, if you know what I mean.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-30-2003, 03:14 AM
Do what I'm doing and save up about $600 for suspension. I'm saving up for a full koni setup, and nuespeed coilovers, and prelude control arms and ball joints. That will cost around $600

Jims 86LXI HB
03-30-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Do what I'm doing and save up about $600 for suspension. I'm saving up for a full koni setup, and nuespeed coilovers, and prelude control arms and ball joints. That will cost around $600

:huh: Don't you mean neuspeed springs? You can't get neuspeed coilovers for our cars. Lord!, wouldn't that be great if you could:D, they'd be full bodied Koni sport coilovers, ah oh well, dreams are free right ;)

Mike's89AccordLX
03-30-2003, 03:25 AM
Damit I thought they were nuespeed coilovers. I'll have to talk to DX and find out which coilovers he was talking about. So koni doesn't make a full bodied coilover? (hey I'm trying to visit this section more :))

Jims 86LXI HB
03-30-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Damit I thought they were nuespeed coilovers. I'll have to talk to DX and find out which coilovers he was talking about. So koni doesn't make a full bodied coilover? (hey I'm trying to visit this section more :))

How about you creat a thread on what you want to have in a lowered 3g and I'll steer you in the right direction. Only full bodied coilovers are the lowboyz and doestech's. Doestech's are the famous rear struts I bought that DIED after only 3k and while one the softest lowering springs you can get for the 3g. Best coilover you can get will be a sleave type and that will be ground controls. Best strut you can get would be revalved Bilsteins followed by Koni's.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the tips on the suspension, I just have to find out how much all of this is going to cost me :rolleyes: ... But I will hopefully get it done this summer, and will definately post pics when i do.