PDA

View Full Version : Vtech Ecu

Tweek(lx-i)
03-30-2003, 09:32 AM
hey a few days ago one of my friends told me that you could take the vtech ecu and put it into a non vtech motor. I just wanted to know if this was true or not. Sounds like it makes some sense but i was sure. And if u can do yall think it would be a good idea to put one a stock accord motor????
THX
:confused:

dXsquared
03-30-2003, 09:34 AM
hahahah... HOUSTON...WE HAVE A RICER!

its VTEC... VTEC isnt just an ECU... it involves two set of cam lobes that engage at a certain RPM for more performance... they never made a VTEC 3G Accord, so you would have a fun time wiring it... try it, it wont work tho, and you will have to just re wire the stock ECU back into place!

Travis

netfreak
03-30-2003, 11:20 AM
I heard you can get a more stable dial tone and increase clarity when you're farther away from the base.

bobafett
03-30-2003, 12:26 PM
whatever you do, dont get the 900mhz vtech.... the 2.4ghz is sooo much better... :)

WHAT IS THE POINT OF DOING THIS? does your ECU work now? then dont worry about it...

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
hahahah... HOUSTON...WE HAVE A RICER!

its VTEC... VTEC isnt just an ECU... it involves two set of cam lobes that engage at a certain RPM for more performance... they never made a VTEC 3G Accord, so you would have a fun time wiring it... try it, it wont work tho, and you will have to just re wire the stock ECU back into place!

Travis

You forgot to mention what actually makes the cams shafts move. It is computer engaged! It's called a vtec solenoid!~ It's on the right side on the engine check it out! So basically.. putting a ecu made for vtec will not help ur car!

meohmy01
03-30-2003, 07:41 PM
ok. all that shit is confusing. that's why mine was wired by the pros.

Tweek(lx-i)
03-31-2003, 06:51 PM
Thx i didnt know
:race: