PDA

View Full Version : Engine is running and you open the door...

offthahook
03-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Is there sposa be a beep/chirp? My stick figure door lights up on my cluster as being open, but no beep. When the key is in the ignition (*insert R Kelly joke here*), but the car not running, I do get the fast beep. Holla if I should be hearing a chirp or not-- car running, trans. in park, driver door open.

A20A1
03-30-2003, 03:38 PM
only when the car is off but the key is still in.

Coitis1
03-30-2003, 03:48 PM
come on, that new cd is tight. did u guys see that r. kelly impersonation that dave chappelle did on his show last wednesday? that was hilarious

djsbon
03-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by offthahook
(*insert R Kelly joke here*)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

runnin' her hands through my FRO
bouncin' on... 15's..(?)

-grey.

buzzbomber88lx
03-30-2003, 04:26 PM
yeah what a20a1 said. only when the car is off and the key is still in. i want to yank that wire out. it is sooooo anoying.

offthahook
03-30-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by djsbon
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

runnin' her hands through my FRO
bouncin' on... 15's..(?)

-grey.

Bouncin' on twenny foez... (24's)

88 Accord DX
03-30-2003, 06:38 PM
okay here is what you do to six that annoying beeping noise.

#1. find the bell and rip it out

-or-

#2 back out the screw a few MM until the black thing wont open so the car thinks the door is closed.

and about the car running and no beep. the engine noise alone should tell you that the key is in the ignition.

johndej
03-30-2003, 06:46 PM
ok, one of the bells is in the door open/seat belt light up by the mirror. i broke the sensor off of my door (closed the seatbelt in it) so it would never read that the door was closed and always mad that annoying beep. its simple to take out, just unscrew the thing and unplug the thing.

Sharky196
03-30-2003, 06:47 PM
It will only beep or chirp if your car is " Fresh" and "Hot out the kitchen".

Blue Impact
03-30-2003, 09:30 PM
This has nothing to do with R Kelly, but the answer to the main topic of this thread.

Hook, it's normal. You're not suppose to hear the beep when the engine's running.

offthahook
03-31-2003, 04:00 PM
It's the damn passenger door that makes the beep. Something to do with seatbelts or sumin. Sucks, yo. Gotta cut the engine and restart it if it is opened with engine running.

88 Accord DX
03-31-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by offthahook
It's the damn passenger door that makes the beep. Something to do with seatbelts or sumin. Sucks, yo. Gotta cut the engine and restart it if it is opened with engine running.

actually no, yo. yes the pass. seat belt beeps if its taken off, but it only beeps for maybe 5 seconds then it stops. i know this because i drop off my brother every morning.

yjdave
03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
mine did the same thing.. i would have to shut off the car to get it to shut up. my chirp was in the rearview mirror mount. unplugged it. i then took my gauge cluster loose and removed the bulbs for the seat belt and door open, as mine would stay on as well.

Blue Impact
03-31-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by yjdave
mine did the same thing.. i would have to shut off the car to get it to shut up. my chirp was in the rearview mirror mount. unplugged it. i then took my gauge cluster loose and removed the bulbs for the seat belt and door open, as mine would stay on as well.

That's what I have done with mine. I did it cuz my beep would stay on forever and there's nothing I could do about it. I've tried disconnecting a bunch of wires, especially those with the tiny blackbox behind the stereo.

88 Accord DX
04-01-2003, 05:56 AM
man that must suck. im glad mine actually goes off.