PDA

View Full Version : What would you call an SE-i???

offthahook
03-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Okay, I owned one in the day and it had some issues that pissed me off (exclusive to se-is)....

I took care of the leather and it STILL cracked (even the console cover)
The stereo (BOSE) was like "proprietary" and the amp crapped out
The mirror paint faded faster than the body paint
Decent rims, but hard to keep clean

Now, I have an lx-i with the se-i consoles (painted to match), a JVC head unit/CD player, "special" color (bright white from the 2K Accord), painted mirrors AND MOLDINGS, nice aftermarket rims, tinted windows.

I don't have a dual tail pipe or steering wheel remote or leather. Other than that, I think my car is a little better than an "average" se-i. Not hating, but I like my lx-i as much or more than my se-i. Now, a brand new se-i would own my car, but I wouldn't really want leather right now. What do you all think about "rare" hooked up Accords vs. a "true" SE-i's??? Hond awas way ahead of its time with all the 3G's, but their leather and audio seemed to always fail...

88LXi68
03-30-2003, 03:03 PM
rear discs!!! :)

1989 DX R
03-30-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68
rear discs!!! :)

No rear disks, no SE-i. :stick:

rare_89lxi_coupe
03-30-2003, 03:18 PM
I had leather in my LX-i-no problems with the leather, and enkei rims-no problem with paint AT ALL. the car was amazing- I was happy :) nothing wrong with an LX-i- and my stereo sounded great. *Pioneer headunit, but sounded good before all the same*

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Add Rear Discs u have a Shitty Edision Injected just like an Lx-i

dXsquared
03-30-2003, 03:21 PM
rear discs, console, and nicer wheels... what about leather? and all those options that were standard??

SEi would be nice to have right now with like 10 k miles on it and mint shape

Travis

offthahook
03-30-2003, 06:11 PM
OOPS, I totally forgot about the rear discs!! DAYUM. They were famous for having the calipers lock up (one of mine did). I just replaced the caliper and it was all good. They weren't ABS, but they were probably better than the drums and shoes...

johndej
03-30-2003, 06:52 PM
"What would you call an SE-i???" that prob means its a special edition accord w/ EFI, rear disks, cup holder, nicer wheels, leather, i beleave some had like gold tinted windows (option maybe), bose system and speakers, and some other things i bet but those are the ones i can think of right off.

danronian
03-30-2003, 07:34 PM
I would love to have leather, some cracking wouldnt bother me much, my friend has leather in his passat and I cant get enough of it, I am just so sick of worn out tan cloth seats, sure the lumbar support is nice, and they hold well, but nothing it like leather.

AvgWhtMale
03-30-2003, 09:16 PM
13 year-old leather will inevitably have issues. The rear calipers tended to freeze, mostly because of lack of attention (fronts get treated well by mechanics, but rears sometimes get dissed). Bose amps in the SE-i tended to blow after a while (lame capacitors) but Bose will rebuild it for about $120. You can get the speakers rebuilt, too.

An LX-i that's hooked up with the center console (need that armrest!) and rear discs (not disks, unless you're talking about computers) would do me nicely as an SE-i substitute. Of course, the finishing touch would be the B20a...

ShawnS
03-30-2003, 10:17 PM
i try to avoid leather seats in an old car. i would kill for a factory leather wheel though, and an armrest that isn't huge $$$$.
there was factory leather wheels right? i hope my dreaming is not futile :crying:
oh yeah, your car is nice dude. i'm diggin the white on white.:D

Hash_man_Se_i
04-02-2003, 08:03 PM
I have an Se-i, and I love the car, The seats are starting to crack the littlest bit in the front, the stereo sounds great, although the deck can't hold radio stations, and I love all of the power features and the gold tinted windows are a nice touch too. The car now has 210,000 kms and the only issue I have, is that the paint on the nose is all cracked because the retarded previous owner decided to put a bra on there :barf: ... I have seen other accords and considered buying an ex-i before, but I love leather, and the stereo slaughters a stock ex-i stereo.

Blue Impact
04-02-2003, 10:41 PM
I'll call it an SE-i only if Honda made it an SE-i. In this case, I'm calling yours SE-i-wanna-be. Please do not be offended.

2old_honda
04-02-2003, 10:56 PM
An SE-i is a car that came from honda as a SE-i. If you put all the extra shit an SE-i has on a LX-i, the LX-i still isnt a SE-i.

Blue Impact
04-02-2003, 11:10 PM
You simply can't color an apple the color orange and call it an orange now, can you?

locosman
05-23-2003, 09:18 PM
AvgWhtMale wrote " Bose amps in the SE-i tended to blow after a while (lame capacitors) but Bose will rebuild it for about $120. You can get the speakers rebuilt, too. "

Background: I have an 89 SEI. I took the Bose HU out and replaced it with a Pioneer deck (with 12 disc CD changer). I left the 4 Bose speakers in. The deck powers the rears. An Alpine 2/3/4 channel amp powers the frount Bose speakers and a 10" JL box.

Anyway, one of the rear Bose speakers sounds 'off". Not completely blown, but some of the bass sounds are crackly. So should I get it rebuilt or just replace the rear pair?

If I replace the rears, should I replace the fronts too?

Thx!

Mike's89AccordLX
05-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Man no one has even mentioned the better sway bars yet. I'm appauled. hehehe Guys I thought you would think of the sway bars too b/c they're bigger. My LX has full sei console. And that's it for now.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Man no one has even mentioned the better sway bars yet. I'm appauled. hehehe Guys I thought you would think of the sway bars too b/c they're bigger. My LX has full sei console. And that's it for now.

Lx-i & Se-i sways are same!

Mike's89AccordLX
05-23-2003, 09:46 PM
I read in a thread that the sei ones are bigger and stiffer.

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-23-2003, 11:55 PM
Nope.... exact same part #'s and everything, front and rear :)

Mike's89AccordLX
05-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Well shoot..... I've been waiting for killer to get back to me. Thanks for the info, I'll be buying a LX-i set when I get the cash for them. I suppose they're kinda tough to take off without a hoist. (I've gotten kinda spoiled, my friend has a portable Snap On hoist and I use it a lot.) What would be a good price to pay for the front and rear sway bars?