PDA

View Full Version : painting my interior

89lx
03-30-2003, 07:46 PM
I want to paint my interior and I was wondering if anyone could tell what kind of paint is the best to use for doing that. Thanks.

S@m

HondaBoy
03-30-2003, 08:29 PM
if u wanna go for the best, get the ones u can find at JCW.com. but if ur like me and cant afford like $20 a can, get duplicolor. it is the can that says "vinal and fabric" and under that "color". my friend who customizes cars told me duplicolor was the best. i have done it to my 3gee and it works great on fabric, vinal, rubber, and sometimes plastic. not so well on slick plastic unless u rough it up with some lite grit sand paper.

89lx
03-31-2003, 10:42 AM
If I wanted to redew the trim that goes around the car on the outside do you think that the duplicolor would work good on that too?

Sam

steven
06-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Krylon universal paint works too..for about 97 cents a can...duh

easyryder
06-23-2003, 09:30 PM
when painting exterior vinyl you need to use flex agent in the paint or stick with vinyl dyes (the dyes do not gloss as well)

dXsquared
06-23-2003, 10:03 PM
i have a question about dashes.. and the ease of removal...

is there a hell of a lot of electrical shit attached to the dash? i want to take it out and paint it all black.. but if its gonna take me 2 days... i wanna know...

Travis

easyryder
06-23-2003, 10:22 PM
The Dash isn't that hard to remove BUT get your hands on a workshop manual from there it is A B C It will show you how to dissassemble BUT more important how to REassemble

dXsquared
06-23-2003, 10:24 PM
yah.. i have a Chilton, and the honda shop manual... so it sould be ok.. i might go black with blue accents... or blue with black vents.... but no white dash.. it will get dirty really fast....

Travis