PDA

View Full Version : Recolored Interior

HondaBoy
03-30-2003, 07:53 PM
well ive seen people doing their interiors in different colors. i had wanted to do this since i got my car. but i usually dont have that much time to do stuff. well this weekend ive almost totally redone my interior. ive only done my seats and bottom part of my center console. i did my new prelude seats in black, as well as the back seat to match. i did the back seat arm rest in red. looks pretty cool. im gonna redo the messed up leather arm rest in the console in red. probley with honda seat fabric or vinal. i am gonna order me new carpet cuz i dont think is worth trying to dye it red. im going to order this new carpet in red. it comes pre-formed so its no problem puttin it in. what i plan to do either next weekend or the weekend after that is do sumtin to the inside door panels and the rear shelf where the speakers are. also im going to do the dash in red. as for the headliner, im not shur yet. maybe do it in red or get it special made with some kinda design. when its totally done, i will take some pix and post em. and when i get it back from the body shop, i will post before and after pix. gettin my wrecked body repaired should come before may. from what my mom and grandma tell me, they are going to get it fixed sometime in the beginning of april. so hopefully in a couple of weeks.

HondaBoy
03-31-2003, 02:57 PM
well i checked out my interior 2day and it looks bad ass! the color dosent come off. i guess thats why its more of a dye than paint. now that is done. now will come other things. i realy want to get my carpet but im gonna have to save money and do simple shit first. im still not shur how i will do the door panels. i want top red, and the bottom, then the middle fabric part black. i guess i will do some thinkin before i make a decision. i dont wanna mess this up.

hot86accrd86
03-31-2003, 04:11 PM
where did u get the dye?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-31-2003, 04:14 PM
get some pics up dude! Can't wait to see it.

HondaBoy
04-02-2003, 09:56 PM
i found my camera. i just started the roll of film. but hopefully it will be gone within a week. im also planning on gettin my 3gee fixed sometime within the next 3 weeks. so expect to see pix of it too. i still need to do some touch ups on the seats, but maybe its cuz im worried about other people lookin. everyone that saw it says they look great. they totally changed the look. i mean for real, ive never seen black seats in a 3gee.

HondaBoy
04-04-2003, 10:45 PM
i got the dye at Auto Zone. u can also get it at O'rilleys. its Duplicolor. it worked the best compared to the other one i tried. that one was Plasticote brand. i didnt worked very good at all!!! 2day i did my rear shelf. in the back window where the speakers sit on top. well i wanted to do it red. it was dark brown so it wouldnt take the red. i just turned very dark red. not gonna match the rest of the stuff. so i went to Wal-mart and got some red felt. i wasnt hard to do at all. i got some adhesive spray and stuck it on. looks realy great compared to that dingy faded brown. and yeah, i realy wanna post some pix for yall to see.

j_will
04-09-2003, 07:54 AM
What did u use to paint ur interior. And how did u do ur tail lights
holla back at me.
j_will
prj_will2migente.com:pimp:

n_jay78
04-10-2003, 10:08 AM
yea, please tell me what u used to die the seats, cause i got like tan seats in the back and black (seat covers) in the front. i tried using this black dye like spray paint that is supposedly used strickly for dying and it doesnt work really that well. plus the texture of the area i sprayed is kindda' rough now:smokin:

HondaBoy
04-10-2003, 02:54 PM
i used Dupli Color brand paint/dye. it say vinal and fabric color on the can. the black and red i used went on nice and dark with color. it was full color instead of faded looking. the one that made the color faded looking was Plasikote. my seats did turn out kinda hard but i think that will go away if u push down on the fabric after it is dry. u need to get all the fabric fibers apart. i think thats wut makes it kinda hard.

Rosen99
04-16-2003, 06:37 AM
Im looking into totally redoing my ENTIRE INTERIOR in White w/ either blue, red or black accents....& imean everything..the doors..trim...dash..seats...carpeting..headliner.. .is there a way to specially have a dash made in whit e or order one form anywhere...i really dont trust that do-it-urself paint stuff..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

jigga89SEi
04-16-2003, 09:08 AM
i'm halfway done with my interior......I used Plasticoat for paint it's OK........It really isn't coming along the way I wanted it to......I'm going to finish it like this and leave it for a while.......I'm going to try to get ne wparts and actually dye them..........then put them in......But thats in the future.......I need to finish my front seats and the doors and dash and the dome light and trunk.........But the rear window deck back seats, the cieling and the oh shit handles and the sides of the back are done........I'm going to post pics tonite.........I'm also ording that preformed carpet for my car I'm getting it in black......Then for the trunk I'm going to customize it for 3 12"s and the amp......I"m going to use Pearldrops idea and make the bottom woodgrain and then us black carpet around the sides and speakers.......I think it'll look aight....

Rosen I would speak with pearl......He had one of the best interiors I've seen in a 3g.........He had all his shit done right the first time and it turned out damn good.........

HondaBoy
04-17-2003, 12:33 PM
sorry, there is no way to order ur dash or any other plastic in white. only thing u could probley get it the plastic parts close to the roof that are where ur seat belts bolt into. the plastic on the "beams". like where the windoes are. just that trim can probley come in white. mine is white. i believe the only colors u can order new dash and stuff in are blue, maroon, black, brown, tan, and im not shur what other ones. i can find out if u realy want to know.

Rosen99
04-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Spoke w/ Pearl....got me pointed in the right direction...his interior is the right where ive been dreamin about getting mine for the past few months...now i have a starting point..thx guys

danronian
04-18-2003, 07:32 AM
actually about the dash... since I am into the old car scene and some old cars have strange one year dashes there is a business called Just Dashes that custom restores dashes in any color you want, it would probably be over $200 though, i know for a plain board type dash its around that at least