PDA

View Full Version : Component system

AvgWhtMale
03-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Who has a component system in their 3G? You know, the kind with the separate tweeters in the kick panels? I might go for this setup the next time around.

AccordEpicenter
03-30-2003, 10:11 PM
I had them in my 4th gen and liked them. Ive listened to Alpine, Polk, crossfire, infinity and a few others, i liked the polks the best, then the infinities. Ive heard great things about jl audio components but never heard them

Vanilla Sky
03-30-2003, 10:21 PM
i used infinity references in the front, and i put the tweets in the lower b-pillar cover... sound kicked ass... if i had to do it all over again, i would mount them higher, though

AccordEpicenter
03-31-2003, 05:22 PM
i swear, mounting the tweets in the b pillar kills imaging, every app ive ever seen that did that sounded ok but it coulda sounded better in kick pods

86hatchbackLXi
03-31-2003, 05:48 PM
i have polk momos in the front and rockfords in the rear. in the front my tweeters are in the door, not kick panels. and in the rear they are in the pillars of the rear window. pics are here : http://www.sounddomain.com/id/stunninlxi

AccordEpicenter
03-31-2003, 08:30 PM
yeah the doors are a good location for the tweets, but if not in the pods i like them high up in the dash but not glaring off the windshield

NOAHS88accord
04-04-2003, 04:59 PM
I have 6.5" infinity kappa's all around

danronian
04-05-2003, 08:03 AM
I know this is low quality but this is all my budget allows: I found this component system for sale for $50, it comes with a 3" midrange, a tweeter, and the crossover(I think thats what its called?). The midrange doesnt look cheap though, it doesnt have foam surronds (it's either rubber or something else, and it has a non-pape cone. The brand is Thump and it says it handles 50 watts RMS which is what my headunit claims it puts out. I currently have jensen 2-way 6.5" speakers up front and am looking to move those to the back since the backs are blown and removed, then puting these thump speakers up front. Should I do this or would my money be better spent on some $30 walmart 6X9's for the back?

AccordEpicenter
04-06-2003, 08:15 AM
yeah, the "claimed 50wx4 is actually around 20wrms for a good deck, ive personally never seen any deck in my life capable of more than 25wrms x4, those are all peak values. I think you should disconnect your back speakers for now and keep the jensens up front for now, and see how you like that. I think itll be better to have the good speakers up front

jigga225
04-06-2003, 11:28 PM
please dont get thump man.
I ASSURE you you will not like them and you will upgrade later.
sugggestoins:? $30 budget? what do you have right now?

AccordEpicenter
04-07-2003, 04:49 AM
id save your money... it sucks but trust me, you get what you pay for.

danronian
04-07-2003, 07:22 PM
$30 budget, yeah thats about it, I have jensens up front which cost $35 a pair, and free speakers that I blew and are now removed, I actually like how it sounds w/o the back speakers, I would still like crisper speakers up front but now until money allows. I just have to fix the rattling rear deck, its so bad that every time the subs hit the trunk rattles so bad it sounds like the subs are blown. thanks for the input on the thump system! I guess i'll just save up for some high end speakers, but now i am concentrating on making the malibu fast for summer cruising.