PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Problem

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
03-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Hi Guys:

I keep blowing my passenger side headlight when using an 80W bulb. I don't have any problems when using a 55/60 bulb. My PIAA 80/80 lasted 3 months and that was my second one on the right side. Any idea why I constantly burn out the passenger side bulb?

Thanks,
Claude

SiR
03-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Sounds like there are a lot of spikes of high current going to that bulb. Does the high-beam still work?

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
04-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Hi,

Yup, the high beam fillament is intact and still works. Any way of controlling the spikes?

Thanks,
Claude

SiR
04-01-2003, 11:36 PM
The fuse for the passanger low beam exceeds the amps of what is suppose to be?
It might be also that it isnt grounded properly, but dosen't sound likely. In any case, the ground should be on the passanger side right in front of the battery. Im saying this cuz my ground for the driver side is on the other side right in front of the power steering resevoir.

Another might be that the relay might be bad. Both big relays for the lights are right next to the radiator, inside the engine bay on the passanger side. Both being held on by a 10mm bolt.
I hate electrical crap!!! Hopefully someone has the electrical trouble shooting manual that can find out what also is making the low beam blowing up.