PDA

View Full Version : ***We all definitly might want this feature added to the board***

89AccordLXI666
03-31-2003, 06:08 AM
Well I was thinking.... I think I cam up with a great idea, then again someone may have already asked this before.... Well I think it's sort of a nusense how we have to download the stupid honda repair manual, cuz it takes for ever on a 56k and I'm sure I'm not the only one going through this.... not to mention it takes up your hard drive space and it's time consuming, and it's kinda sad how you are in a hurry to repair something on your car and ya don't have a repair manual right in front of you to help you out in times of need.... I just think it would be a great idea to see a section of the board specifically for the repair manual section with diagrams and such to show you how to repair certain things on your car... Not sure if we will have this feature but it would be nice to see... or atleast find a way to reduce the download file size so that we can download it alot faster to our computers.... Well that's just my 2 cents and It would be nice to see this on the board.... thanks for taking the time to read this and for letting my voice being heard on this matter.... what do you guy's think about this... good Idea or bad Idea?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-31-2003, 08:12 AM
Well if it was on the board it would still take forever for a 56k modem. I would just suggest that people that need it just buy the Haynes Repair manual. It's worth the money. Just my $0.38
:)

djsbon
03-31-2003, 08:19 AM
go for it guy! i'm diggin' the idea although i already have a repair manual.. i think it's a great idea for those who don't have the money/don't want to buy it/can't find it.

-grey

Mike's89AccordLX
03-31-2003, 08:37 AM
But the whole point of putting on here is so people don't have to download the honda manual. And if you think about it you still have to load it up on your computer. My suggestion is to get cable modem :D

89AccordLXI666
03-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Yeah buying a manual sounds like a great Idea, but for some people it may be hard to find one or some may not have the money for it.... as for the whole cable modem thing... it may not be available in some places and that too becomes a problem because it costs money.... also I wasn't saying you would have to download the manual repair files onto your computer... I was suggesting if we could have it pop up just like pics do when u post pics and then show every little diagram and direction on how to repair certain things or knowing how to take something apart from the car... I dunno that's just my 2 cents, Lataz

Mike's89AccordLX
03-31-2003, 09:06 AM
Yeah but wouldn't it still take a long time for the pics of the pages to pop up? Ebay has them pretty cheap. I was kidding about the cable thing :) Don't get me wrong I do think it's a good idea but I am just thinking it would still take forever to have the pics of the pages come up. If we do this then we should also post the weber book b/c that would be helpful also. (I have both :D)

87accordlxi
03-31-2003, 12:42 PM
in order for the manual info to get from the board to your computer, it has to be downloaded. the pics, or info or whatever has to be sent from its server to your computer. any way you look at it, it will take a long time.

and it wouldnt make sense to create a forum just so people can look at the manual when it can be just as easily and comprehensively organized on paul's page that he set up for it, which is linked in the FAQ's

Mike's89AccordLX
03-31-2003, 03:47 PM
That's what I was thinking just couldn't spit the words out that way.

ACCORD EX
04-15-2003, 03:12 PM
well i think all of you guys should be grateful enough for PAUL for shooting the whole manual for us !
and for the 56 K people around there ( including my self )

ask a friend who has a fast connection to download for you and burn it into a CD and keep it as your on computer service manual !

that's what i did !

MIKE

ACCORD EX
04-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Well if it was on the board it would still take forever for a 56k modem. I would just suggest that people that need it just buy the Haynes Repair manual. It's worth the money. Just my $0.38
:)

Haynes manual comparing to a service manual is nothing ! ask me i have both !

MIKE

ACCORD EX
04-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Ebay has them pretty cheap)

it starts with 2 bucks and closes at 30 $ :flip:

MIKE

MrBen
05-31-2003, 10:32 AM
It would also kill 3geez bandwidth.

3G Jester
06-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
It would also kill 3geez bandwidth.

Amen to that. then we would all have to become foundation members. I love the site and i love to support it. but i know that i only have so much $$ and thats barely fixin the 3g.....

i think people should jsut be greatful for paul.....round of applause for the boy!:werd:

MrBen
06-19-2003, 09:50 AM
I think Paul should make the download files smaller. Yes, they are neatly organized, but way too big. Then again, that's asking a bit much. Someone should be willing to download them and burn them for a set cost... sort of like what Nate did with the stickers.

ACCORD EX
06-20-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
I think Paul should make the download files smaller. Yes, they are neatly organized, but way too big. Then again, that's asking a bit much. Someone should be willing to download them and burn them for a set cost... sort of like what Nate did with the stickers.

well don't you have any friends with High speed connection ?

MIKE

MrBen
06-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Not out here in the ghetto.

Justin86
07-08-2003, 09:20 PM
I would just say buy one. Just because you are trying to save money by doing it your self you should at least have the proper tools aka repair manual. You don't see people going around asking for a 12mm wrench or a pair of needle nose plyers. If you can afford some damn tools then it should be to hard to pay $20-40 on a manual

easyryder
10-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Justin you said it right Loose an accesory for awhile and get a manual

Morbid Intentionz
12-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Justin86
I would just say buy one. Just because you are trying to save money by doing it your self you should at least have the proper tools aka repair manual. You don't see people going around asking for a 12mm wrench or a pair of needle nose plyers. If you can afford some damn tools then it should be to hard to pay $20-40 on a manual

20-40? My god i only paid 2.49 an thats with tax.....i'd sell my repair manual for 20-40 lol