PDA

View Full Version : I don't know where else to look

jigga89SEi
03-31-2003, 07:49 AM
Ok I've searched the entire site........I've been all over the net........I even mentioned it in a previous post and I really don't wanna be considered a postwhore ........Does anyone know where to find a good diagram of the transmission bolts......I have a haynes it don't really tell.....I've checked the chiltons....no.......I swear we've takin' out like 9 or 10......and it's still bein' held in by something........We unhooked the started.......and pulled the bolts......still in there........

So those of u who have done tranny swaps and or just took it out for the hell of it.........Your words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

1988starter
03-31-2003, 09:18 AM
Try Here (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html) it is a online shop manual for our cars.

markmdz89hatch
03-31-2003, 12:59 PM
did you take the starter off? If not, take that off too. Other then that, there's a bolt below the dog-bone mount. It's in the opposite direction of the other bolts. All others go from tranny to block, this one goes from block to tranny. Get that one from underneath and you should be set. PS> The brackets attached to the bottom of the dog bone have to come off as well.

Good luck, and make sure you support the engine while you're dropping the tranny b/c it will want to fall as well.

Let us all know how it turns out.

AccordEpicenter
03-31-2003, 08:00 PM
dont forget the front and rear tranny mounts, those can be tricky if you forget em

jigga89SEi
04-01-2003, 05:50 AM
i'm pretty sure we got the one that goes from the block to the tranny........

Are the front and rear tranny mounts pretty obvious ones?

The one or two we are missing have to be hidden I'm tellin' you......I couldn't work on it yesterday cause the shop was closed but we're going tonite so I'll double check those.........
Thanx alot I really appreciate it...........

Keep the help comin' I'd like all the input I can get until this damn tranny is out :)