PDA

View Full Version : buzz.. is this shit norm?

wikkedv15
03-31-2003, 04:49 PM
ok well for about the past 4-6 days ive been hearing an noise..
like when the car is at idle.. and i barely touch the gas so it goes to like say 1,200rpm.. and drops back down i get a burrrrrrrrrrrrr sound..
so today i got couragous enough to follow the sound..
i started from around the left side
moved my way to the completely other side
then figured the sound was seeping out the lil resonator hole that branches off to make it a Y.. seeing as how i removed that tube but never covered it..

anyhow i took of the filter and airbox
sound is around that area
so i finally took off the U bend of piping an left the car breathin straight of the TB..
well the sound is coming from right behind the intake manny.. like i put my hand to it and i can feel it..
so im wondering what the noise is..
seeing as how theres nothing in there except for the runners which is way more down the intake manny correct?
well any help.. PLZ dont tell me i have to replace the Intake manifold..:(
any hoot. if i do.. 88-89 MODEL.. MORE HP BABY!! HEEH
oh second issue
how do i tighten the belt that runs the cam gear?
THANKS !!!!:wave:

wikkedv15
03-31-2003, 06:43 PM
OK WELL!
took u guys long enough lol that i figured out were the burrrrrr was coming from...
next the clutch reservior tank.. theres this lil black rounding thing lol..
that runs a line into the airbox..
well whenever i tap on the gas and let off it lets at that burrrrrrrrrrr
like a cat burring or some shit..
anyhow when i blocked it off the sound went away..
as of now its just blocked off bcuz that sound is too friggin annoying..
until i find out whats broken..
ok does anyone here know how to adjust the cam gear belt? PLZ.. mine is like having alot of play.. doesnt move around on the cam gear but..
on each side it moves back in forth.. sorta like flapping.. and im pretty sure thats not suppost to happen
lol..
the life of a 3g owner..:crying:
GOTTA LOVE IT:super:

buzzbomber88lx
03-31-2003, 07:33 PM
oh shit. I saw buzz and I thought you were reffering to me. lol. sorry man. good job fixing your car all by yourself!!!

dXsquared
04-01-2003, 11:21 AM
we dont have clutch resivoirs.. we have cable clutches, not hydro ones, so its not what you thot it was... i think its time for you to buy a manual to go with that lemon you bought!

Travis

anchovies
04-01-2003, 04:27 PM
A black cylinder near the power steering reservoir? If that's it, then that's the cruise control.
The cam gear belt you're talking about is the timing belt. Quite a pita to just tighten it, but do check the deflection on it first. When was the last time the timing belt was changed?

wikkedv15
04-01-2003, 06:31 PM
LOL YA YA TRAVIS I REALISED THAT..:flip:
FORGOT HOW OLD THE CAR WAS!
anyhoot..
the problem was fixed.. its a vacumn tube that runs into the lil friggin airbox..
my step just said plug it back in .. so i did.. that irritating noise is there.. the lil bur.. when i touch the gas barely..but once actually moving it goes away.. still annoyin at stop lights and shit.. it doesnt stay burrring the whole time just a short time..
anyhow about the timing belt.. not sure when it has been changed.. the car only has
113,xxx miles on it..
so might of been recently .. who knows..
one thing i do wanna get is the timing adjusted..
changed the spark plugs.. and it still has a lil backfire..
so im assuming the timing is off.
i hope thats my problem.. but besides the lil backfiring every now and then in the exhaust..
the car is running great again..:)
YAYA I KNOW I KNOW I NEED A MANUAL :flip: