PDA

View Full Version : I have a great idea!!

88LXiHatchMOdifier
03-31-2003, 10:40 PM
hey peoples. I have not posted here in a while, but I myself have a 88 LXI Hatch 5spd. Its off the road, and being prepped an fixed an toyed around with. I had some fags following me around for a while trying to get stuff from my car(I've got neons, and stuff), and such(pretty pathetic trying to follow me, nobody in there right mind should). Plus, everywhere I went it got keyed up. Regardless, I'm still going to hook it up. Its sitting in black primer right now waiting for a new clutch. My idea was this, I found this website online. They design bodykits. If we got a group buy of say 10 or more people buying the same kit, then they could manufacture those kits for us. It could be similar to any style, Black Widow, Buddyclub, so on, or completely custom. Go here, they have full details.

http://www.showcarbiz.com/general/custom.shtml

Note: This is only a idea, but I think its a good one.

Peace

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a good son! But 7500 dollars sounds like alot of money!! u need 10!! kit is baout 630.. plus 129 i think for shipping! ok less than 7500..but close enought!! Ppl here are cheap or poor!! same thing! Good luck!

wallyyfm
04-01-2003, 05:54 AM
might as well get a xenon for that...

markmdz89hatch
04-01-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by 88LXiHatchMOdifier
hey peoples. I have not posted here in a while, but I myself have a 88 LXI Hatch 5spd. Its off the road, and being prepped an fixed an toyed around with. I had some fags following me around for a while trying to get stuff from my car(I've got neons, and stuff), and such(pretty pathetic trying to follow me, nobody in there right mind should). Plus, everywhere I went it got keyed up. Regardless, I'm still going to hook it up. Its sitting in black primer right now waiting for a new clutch. My idea was this, I found this website online. They design bodykits. If we got a group buy of say 10 or more people buying the same kit, then they could manufacture those kits for us. It could be similar to any style, Black Widow, Buddyclub, so on, or completely custom. Go here, they have full details.

http://www.showcarbiz.com/general/custom.shtml

Note: This is only a idea, but I think its a good one.

Peace

It really is a great idea, and there are a few people here that would spring for it. But unfortunatly not 10. I tried to do this exact same thing a few months back, but could not get the full 10. You can sign me up for one on this.

OK the list so far....

88LXiHatchMOdifier
markmdz89hatch

Nate2310
04-01-2003, 09:21 AM
a black widow kit would be tite

88 Accord DX
04-01-2003, 09:24 AM
man i wish it wasnt so costly or i might join in but i cant even afford to buy an exhaust right now.

Neuspeed007
04-01-2003, 12:34 PM
sounds like a good plan, But mat is right, this site is full of poor people, i really hope ur idea can get off the ground. because i like the look of that site u showed us. Its definatly good for me in the long run if i own a 3g later on in the future, and it is definatly good for this community of 3rd generation people, because we can really get a word of mouth out if we start making a diffrence in the import scene. but for now, i cant afford it. im saving for a new car at the moment.

keep us posted though

peace

nick-

Strahan
04-01-2003, 01:40 PM
I'd like to get a widebody Blitz style kit, but yea, group buys for items like this never materialize.

markmdz89hatch
04-01-2003, 02:28 PM
see, another part of what make this task such a problem is that the 86-87 (and all hatch's) use a diff. front bumper then the 88-89' (except hatch). The Coupe and Hatch could share a sideskirt b/c their sides are identical, but the rear bumper of coupe, sedan, and hatch are all different. So, one thing that might make this a tiny bit easier (and I do mean only a tiny bit) would be to find out if the company would do a group buy on just a front end first. Then either use the Xenon or Kaminari sides, and retrofit an ass end. Either way, it's usually the front end that really gives a kit it's most character.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
see, another part of what make this task such a problem is that the 86-87 (and all hatch's) use a diff. front bumper then the 88-89' (except hatch). The Coupe and Hatch could share a sideskirt b/c their sides are identical, but the rear bumper of coupe, sedan, and hatch are all different. So, one thing that might make this a tiny bit easier (and I do mean only a tiny bit) would be to find out if the company would do a group buy on just a front end first. Then either use the Xenon or Kaminari sides, and retrofit an ass end. Either way, it's usually the front end that really gives a kit it's most character.

Hey Marky! I have confidence in you! I know you can get a project like this off the ground! It would be nice to have an actual modern kit for our cars! But the fact that our cars have diffrent rear bumpers makes it hard! Hey Marky what is the diffrence in size between the two?

KaMiKaZeE
04-01-2003, 04:40 PM
I would love a good kit for our rides. If I like the style, I am in on this and you can count on me to be one of the 10 needed IF I like the style and it will fit my hatches. Heck, I might buy 2 so I'll have one for each! I would like to see it in the same style as the red Mugen style CRX kit on the same site. Click the link to see it.

http://www.showcarbiz.com/cgi-bin/prodpic.pl?ID=BKO-0102&IMG=4

KaMiKaZeE
04-01-2003, 04:49 PM
In fact, I may just buy THAT kit and mod it to fit if this group buy doesn't go through. Get out the plastic, people! CHAAARGE IT!!!

Neuspeed007
04-02-2003, 03:27 PM
yai liek that kit for the crx

Nothingbuta3Gthang
04-02-2003, 07:42 PM
I'd be down with this if they were able to do a group buy on just a front bumper. That would be cheaper, and more universal.

crwa
04-02-2003, 09:14 PM
The company can use my car, if it happends (88 Lx-i). I call it first!

KaMiKaZeE
04-03-2003, 09:47 AM
OK hatch people this kit is for us! We need one so get in line! Sign up for this! If you don't have the money, get a mastercard and then sign up! We need 10 people! It ain't gonna be easy! Also I think the idea of only doing the front end for now is better since we can get more people in on it because of the cheaper price and because it would fit coupes and sedans too. That way we have a chance at getting the necessary 10 people. Our cars will never get any aftermarket support if no one is willing to spend money on them. Show your support! Get a wicked body kit for your hatch! :D:cool::pimp:

List so far:

1. 88LXiHatchMOdifier
2. markmdz89hatch
3. KaMiKaZeE
4. Nothingbuta3Gthang (only if a front-end buy)
5. crwa (only if a front-end buy)
6. NOW YOUR TURN!:stick:

crwa
04-03-2003, 11:39 AM
I have a sedan, but I'll do the front end thing, as long as my car is the ginny pig. Where is this place anyway???

KaMiKaZeE
04-03-2003, 03:59 PM
I think the thread starter already has dibbs on the free kit if that's what you're hoping for crwa. I think he would use his own ride for the guinea pig since he is the one starting the buy. You will just have to wait and buy it like the rest of us. I really doubt if the difference on the '88/'89 non hatch fronts would even present a problem. They are similar enough that the new fronts should still mate up fine regardless. Most likely the backs would fit all too. I mean it's still the same width and it's still a 3g accord. It shouldn't matter what the back (or front) bumpers look like because the kit replaces them anyway. The only peices that would probably need to change in the different kits would be the side skirts, and they could probably just be made in the right size for the longest ones and then just trimmed to size for the others. That Mugen CRX style kit would be perfect because it is nice and simple. Not too many weird sculpted curves to deal with.

buzzbomber88lx
04-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Black widow would be way cool on a 3g!

spanky5485
04-03-2003, 07:34 PM
Hey im in but i need it for an 88 lxi

ryan

KaMiKaZeE
04-04-2003, 07:31 AM
OK so we still need 4 or 5 more people at least. After we get an agreement by enough people here we need to put a thread for it in the marketplace forum and get everyone to post only if they have the money and are in for sure. Then we just send 'em the money and wait for our kits!

HondaBoy
04-05-2003, 11:44 PM
well it sound like good idea. i guess thats a pretty good price per unit. although, the group would haveta decide on 1 style. i do like the idea, but i dont have any money. well its realy all going into gettin my 3gee fixed. i already have side skirts. and i saw this 1 body kit on a J-spec accord and im pretty much hooked on it. good luck. might change my mind later on.

Swan
04-23-2003, 05:54 PM
it sounds cool that they would be willing to make a body kit for us, but shouldn't the purpose of a body kit be custom? as in no one else in the world has it? so yeah, I would pay out the ass to get one made for me, but I'm not for the whole group buy deal....

goldadition
04-25-2003, 01:37 PM
i would be in on a front end . i don't have a hatch just a 87 sedan dx 5 spd. A wide mouth kit would be my first choice. just let me know what the desision would be. thanks. NICK

wikkedv15
04-25-2003, 02:01 PM
id be up for the front..
but what style do u guys have in mind.. i personally really liked the mugen style crx front.. that would be nice.. and wouldnt be too low. so it would look good. not like u needed the rest of the bodykit to look good.. if that makes any sense

quattro
04-30-2003, 09:57 PM
I would join it, is there any pictures of them?
thanks