PDA

View Full Version : Need some help Guys.

88WhiteLX-i
04-01-2003, 10:29 AM
I had both front springs and struts replaced last year. When my mechanic pulled out one of the struts part of the spring fell apart so we had to get new springs lol. But I replaced the stock struts with Sensatrac ones. and the springs are just OEM replacement. But my question is, I just had these fucking things replaced and just the other day I was listening and I heard squeeking coming from my passengers front side. Now is it possible the strut is bad putting all the weight on the spring, thus making it squeek? Or could it be something else that one of you might have had trouble with in the past?? PLEASE HELP!! :stick: :sadwave:

86AccordLxi
04-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Probably a sway bar bushing; mine were squeaking too and I gave them a liberal dose of WD40 (though I should have replaced them) and the sqeak went away.

Alex

88WhiteLX-i
04-02-2003, 05:48 PM
It sounds like the spring though. It squeeks every single time I go over a bump. like the strut isn't dampening the spring when it comes back up again. It's just a thought. but my sway bar bushings are really bad they are all rotted away. is it possible that it's that making the squeeky noise and not the spring???? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Grant2k
04-03-2003, 08:07 PM
it could be your ball joints. first make sure everything is greased down there.

88WhiteLX-i
04-05-2003, 09:32 PM
well my car doesn't shake at all on the highway and I don't get any vibrations from the wheels, so Iam not sure that it's the ball joints. But I have looked underneath my car and the sway bar bushings are severly worn and there are big chunks missing. has anyone had problems with their sway bar bushings and can someone get me the price and the breakdown of what the place sells. Because I've called around and a few places, some said that they just sell the bushings itself and others say that they sell both the bushings and the bolt that connects the sway bar to the control arm. Anyone replace theirs?? HELP!!:stick:

anchovies
04-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Check out energy suspension bushings. Do a search on this forum.

ddt88hb
04-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Sensotrac by Monroe right?
Those suck. Buy some KYB's. They have a lifetime waranty and they dampen well.

guaynabo89
04-06-2003, 05:19 AM
it could be the srtut itself that is making the noise.

YK86
04-06-2003, 01:32 PM
The stabilizer bar end link bushings are about $1.50 or so a piece and you'll need 8 all together. It will help get rid of that "loose" feeling. Use some WD40 and let it soak and 2 12mm sockets will get it the main bolt and nut off. The Monroe's should have come with a limited lifetime warranty so if it is the strut, your mechanic should be able to replace it for free. Make sure the spring isn't broken and is seated properly in the mount/perch.