PDA

View Full Version : Yay!!!!!

goldyaccord
05-30-2002, 05:57 PM
I just ordered 2 race springs from Ground-control.com! they are 500 lbs spring rate. They will be going in the front. The 350lb springs that were in the front were relocated to the back. The springs will be arriving on monday. Jim, I'll let u know how the car reacts. Once I get the spring rates down pat.

I'll start rebuilding my koni's to match then throw on some Strutbars. Justin! You will be hearing from me soon. :p

Josh

accordlx
05-30-2002, 06:03 PM
How are you going to move the old springs to the back?? They are different lengths. Aren't the back springs longer??

AccordChemist
05-30-2002, 07:38 PM
i dont think moving springs from the front to the back would work?

goldyaccord
05-30-2002, 07:39 PM
Yeah, The springs the originally in the back are longer. I switched them around. The reason being is, i wanted to see how the 350lb rate feels in the rear. The car feels alittle more neutral in a way. after i get those race springs on, i'll decide if i want to go to a 400 spring rate for the back. I doubt it... I just comes down to how the front feels.

I did have to adjust the sleeve position higher to keep the same ride height.

Are u running GC Sleeves?

Josh

Jims 86LXI HB
05-30-2002, 10:36 PM
i'll decide if i want to go to a 400 spring rate for the back.

Well 500lbs is a 43% increase over what you had in the front. If you want to keep the balance the same as ground control intented then, guess what, the figure comes to 357lbs for the rears, so the 350lbs springs from the front make perfect sense.
If you go with the 400lbs springs, it would be a 20% increase. You would have less understeer that way, so their's nothing wrong with that either in my book. :D

goldyaccord
05-31-2002, 08:27 AM
One day has gone by and i'm LOSING my patience! The front is currently driving me NUTS. It's like Mr Caddy ride (Front) vs NICE and Tight (rear). Almost feels like i have hydralics heeheheheh.

:stick: Jim, you wouldnt mind doin me a favor would ya? Knowing u live in Fresno area. How about you running up to Sacramento and pick those Springs up and pony express your way up to oregon by Sat morning? :p :bow::bow:

aaaaaaahhh....... When are those springs gonna get here.

Hey, i have an idea. since i'm off work for the weekend I might as well see if i can grab a Swaybar from the junkies and install it on my car. :)