PDA

View Full Version : Fao: Bradccool

Oz87Si
04-01-2003, 08:03 PM
Mate i was wondering if you could tell me how you made your clear turn signal lenses because it's something I desperately want to do.

I checked out Yasu's site, but it's only about the tail lights. Yours look sweet so if could give me the "recipe", I'd be damn thankful.

Cheers

bradccool
04-01-2003, 08:36 PM
No Prob Man ............its really easy and really cheap if ya have the tools....and plenty of room for error.

Step 1
OK first go to Lowes or Home Depo and find the Florecent light covers "panels" they have several different ones.......pick the one you like. *price 2.57 I think at lowes*
Step 2
Take you Panel of the light cover home and pull your original lenses off your car and trace them onto the Panel with a marker.....if ya mess up....the panel is big you can do another one
Step 3
If you have a Band saw or a jig saw or some semi presice tool to cut this with *NO SIZZORZ* cut away.......do it very VERY slow this material cracks really easy. If you dont have a cutting tool like I said.......get a box cutter.......and Take a lighter or propane torch to the blade on it.......and it should cut through it no problem *I havnt tried this!*
Step 4
The Lenses you cut out probably arent perfect but thats find.......get a dremel *preferably* or some sort of sander and sand the sides down enough to make it perfect, and compare to you originals as you go along.
Step 5
OK ya have you nice new clear lenses.......ya gotta have holes in em to screw them in...............this is where I F'd up mine.....I used a drill......it cracked em........so then I took a wire clothes hanger....put a lighter to the tip of the wire........and jammed the holes in the lenses.........worked great!
Step 6
SCREW them on your car!!! and admire you new clear lenses! remember its not Ghetto rigged...........*call it custom!*

Caution: when screwing in......do not screw them very tight.....this material cracks easy!.......

Conclusion
If you are worried about water getting in make a gasket type thing out of rubber door liner........ I just left mine open.....if water can get in........it can get out too.......no biggy!