PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Alexi3rdgen
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Well, I found a place that can sell me a JDM 3rd gen motor. I e-mailed back to find out if it was the B20, or the 18... Oh, and the price quoted was $550. If it is in fact a B20 accord engine...Should I bother? I mean, I like Alexi, (better than my 5th gen), but what kind of money would I be facing to finish out the swap? Not that it wouldn't be quite spectacular to have more hp than my dad in his 6th gen, but I don't have a bank to break for this...Thanks ever so much for your help, and I still need to resize the pictures to post them....

Wes

smufguy
04-09-2003, 07:51 AM
B20A swap is well worth it. BUt if u have no money and ur doing this for fun stuff. well think about it. DO u wanna spend money thats not your's and swap an engine into a good working car? I dont think so. Its a nice swap that would make u take some good amount of time from your daily activities and have the car off the road for days. Its a choice bwt fun and reality, whichever u wanna chose. Also, if u really really really want it and the summer coming by, Ask them to put it on hold for you. In general, its a good swap for a B20, but not worth the sacrifice you gotta make as in FINDING money when you dont have any.