PDA

View Full Version : removing rear vent window trim on HB?

yjdave
04-03-2003, 06:53 AM
i need to redo the black trim that runs along the upper and lower portion of the rear side windows. mine has started to turn white. i noticed there is a screw in the rearmost corner, and have removed that, but it doesn't seem to want to budge. i hate to break it if i can help it. is there a trick to this, or other hidden screws holding it in. any suggestions would help. thanks... dave:bow:

guaynabo89
04-03-2003, 09:49 AM
They're held on by clips and will most likely break attempting to take them off. If your buying new ones from the dealer you don't have to worry cause they come with clips.

You can also try this if you just want to remove them to paint them. Do this at your own risk cause it is a pain in the butt and clips might break.

Remove the foward trim piece with the two screws on the inside of the door. If you can get a good grip on the trim pieces you can slide them off foward ( not up) and the clips will remain in the body hopefully unbroken.

then when your done you can just slide the trim piece back through the clips into position.