PDA

View Full Version : Installed sunroof>!!!!!

Dutchboy
05-30-2002, 10:41 PM
Last week i got a sunroof that opens up with MATCHING covers to the color of my interior.....Was real lucky to find it...Just fifnished installing it now..Keeps the car alot cooler...glad i put it in...gives it that nice look too...
i also moved the interior light to the middle inbetween the sun visors...looks real nice...

ill have to get pics of my car and post them to show you all the before and afters since i bought i t...I love it so much...
THought id share my story with all of you...Looks good now..
Ben

Mike89Accordcom
05-31-2002, 12:39 AM
That's cool man. When they put in my sunroof they did the same thing. It also just pops off, does yours do that?

hondaaccord_86
05-31-2002, 11:32 AM
how you get it for? installed?

Dutchboy
05-31-2002, 06:06 PM
i paid $40 bucks canadian and i installed it myself......it has a knob that you turn and it opens up and goes back..so i dont need to pop it open,,.....
ben

HondaSi88
05-31-2002, 06:48 PM
40? do u have some pics to show?

Dutchboy
05-31-2002, 07:59 PM
ill post some pics when i get them developed....along with the origanal shape i got it in....
its cheap to get them from the wreckers...if your lucky...
I think that for the amount of money i spend on it ...it was totally worht it..every cent...it makes it look sweet and keeps you cool too....

ben

RobT5580
06-01-2002, 09:58 AM
I put an electric sunroof in my other accord last summer. I got it from street beat customs and i paid $300 i think for it and installed it myself...The only hard part was teh headliner because it kind of overlaps the visors. I did use the stock headliner because i dont care for the fabric ones but it looks good too bad i dont drive that car though....I may put one in my new accord but i really want one that opens in not outside the car...

L Squared
06-01-2002, 10:15 AM
I was wondering about aftermarket sunroofs. I've heard the pros and the cons i just never got around to askin anyone on the board. I'm guessing it's possible to get an electric sunroof installed in an LXi. The real question is what about leaks and drainage. And about how much does it run?

-Lē

Dutchboy
06-01-2002, 10:28 AM
not sure on what the cost of a electric one is ...im guessing a few hundred dollars........if they are installed corretly then they shouldnt leak...so far mine is leak free...i know that my old car...a toyota corrolla sr5 with the electric sunroof had little drain tubes running to the outside if the door through the roof..i t all depends on the type you get i guess....
Ben

89accordmeister
06-02-2002, 06:15 AM
What kind of car did u get that roof from???
sounds like something I would wanna do......i definitely have to have a sunroof.
so can you email me and let me know
[email protected]

HondaSi88
06-02-2002, 06:20 AM
i don't know why Honda didn't install a roof for the LXI hatchbacks?
I got a few quotes like 400.00 for the pop up but i don't want to take the glass out every time I want to open or remove it!

Lockleaf
06-02-2002, 01:58 PM
I can purchase all of the stock 89 sunroof parts, used, for about $40 and then I can have it installed for $215.12. They gave me an exact number. So for about $300.oo total I can have it all installed. One question. Does the stock one pop up? Later.

RobT5580
06-02-2002, 07:43 PM
If you are doing a stock sunroof i think that will be rather difficult if im correct because the honda sunroofs are molded with the roof so they dont use a frame from what iv seen. The frame is all part of the roof. I like my aftermarket electric one but the cons for it is that it only opens like half way because the glass opens up on the roof.

Lockleaf
06-03-2002, 03:24 PM
hmmm, i see. zat iz somesing to considere. sank you. hehe. THanks, i'll have to see what I can do about that.