PDA

View Full Version : Removing mud flaps

MC Pee Pants
04-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Is this recommended? Will I get shit all over my car if I take them out?

If it's o-kay to remove them, is it difficult?

buzzbomber88lx
04-03-2003, 02:18 PM
you shouldnt get too much on your car. People should avoid country roads anyway(damnit I live on one!). It is pretty easy to take them off too. just a bunch of screws.

MattsAccord
04-03-2003, 05:47 PM
if you have stock wheels and tires is should be fine. I have 17's and the tires throw up a little dirt and gravel.

88 Accord DX
04-03-2003, 06:27 PM
i live in texas so it doesnt matter if i have them on or not. when you drive and stop, all of the dush you picked up blows on your car.

meohmy01
04-03-2003, 06:44 PM
when i got one of my cars it had one of the factory mud flaps on it so i took it off. i do get a lot of mud splashed on the doors but i just keep it clean.

danronian
04-03-2003, 08:08 PM
IMO, I love the front and rear mudflaps my car has. I just love that I can drive down dirt roads w/o caring about my paint. My past car has 12" wide tires in the back and had no mudflaps until about a week ago and the flaps are only 5" wide to keep the crudity level down on it since it's a show car. Personally I would never take the flaps off my accord, but thats probaly also b/c you cant really see them since the whole car is black in the first place.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-04-2003, 09:09 AM
I am putting mine on finally. I found some rear ones a long time ago and I think I'll try and put them on today.

HondaBoy
04-05-2003, 11:36 PM
well, i gotta say leave em on there. unless ur gettin a body kit or sumtin. i took mine off and the side of the car would get dirty pretty quick. they do help keep it cleaner than without them. i kinda wish i had mud flap things for my 02 accord cuz it gets dirty quickly.

slammedLXI
04-06-2003, 02:16 PM
i took mine off bc they will rub with the height of my car... id say when im driving on like wety/dirty roads yeah my car does get a little more dirtier

IWLSF
04-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Damn, I cant imagine the roads some of you people drive on. With or without, my car looks the same. I'm a city boy though, so maybe that explains it. I think it's a nice touch removing them though, I really dont care for it. As far as removal, it's just a bunch of screws, Phillips. Nothing special. Just be ready to clean because the body of the car underneath the mud flaps will have 14 years worth of gunk stuck underneath it. It looks hopeless at first, because like on my car, the gunk was almost like tar, it was weird. But I got it off after I let it soak for a while.

Justin86
04-28-2003, 08:42 PM
I want to remove my since about every time I go over a spend bumb the will drag and I want to see how it will look with out them.

BDaccordguy
04-30-2003, 10:10 AM
IMO, it looks really clean without them, and as long as u dont fly down dirt roads, the car will be fine.