PDA

View Full Version : soon to be a 3 G

wanna B 3gee
04-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey guys, another new guy. Today i went and looked at an 88 accord 2DR. The guy sellin it owns a bodyshop and i am friends with him. He said $200(can.) so that would be like $12 american :D it only has 162K km's on it 5 speed but the body is quite rough, he said i can leave it out there and come work on it with him on the weekends. he is only chargin me for paint no labour and no material which is great. so i'm sure i will be goin back tomorrow to payfor it. Any ideas on colour. Currently its grey. i'm considering red with my bronze rims from my old 92 Si hatch. second choice is blue. Also any thing that i should look for ie common problems. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

AvgWhtMale
04-03-2003, 05:06 PM
sounds like a good deal but be aware that if it is (I think) an LX or an EX then it is carbed (and slower) but if it is an EXi then it is injected (and faster). I think those are the designations -- it is different in Canada.

AvgWhtMale
04-03-2003, 05:08 PM
As for common problems, check the brakes for wear and rust, the exhaust for rust, and see if the engine leaks oil. Did you drive it? If not I would do that. If A/C is important to you, make sure the A/C works -- compressors are notorius for crapping out (the Kehnin ones, anyway).

87AccordsterLx
04-04-2003, 08:19 AM
I would go with a dark metalic blue or black. I love the way black 3g's look. Although if I ever get around to painting mine it will be a slightly darker version of the dodge viper blue. Check out the color of mine as is it right now... From what you have said I am guessing that you got a fuel injected model... nice find. LIght, man. trans, fuel injected. You are off to a good start just get the body fixed up and start working on that engine!!! Post pics... :)

wanna B 3gee
04-05-2003, 07:35 AM
no it is not fuel injected:( but ohwell, i'm not sure if it has air, i didn't really look, for $200 though i;m not really to worried about that but it would be an added bonus, other wise its just takin power:) as for the paint i'm tryin to stay away from dark colours i think however a noce dark blue like SiR blue with some orange sidemarkers would look pretty tight, but i'll keep you posted with some pics soon thanks for the help guys