PDA

View Full Version : Where's your remote at?

4DoorAccordDX
04-03-2003, 03:34 PM
Just a question for everyone that has a remote for your deck. I know a bunch of people that get some velcro and stick their remote on the center console, or somewhere in that general area. But the 3 geez don't have a center console, at least mine doesn't, and I'm just curious what you guys do. I'm thinkin maybe just get some velcro and put it on the E-Brake handle. Would that work? My car is a 5-speed, so the shifter might block the beam from reaching the deck, I don't know. What do the rest of you do?

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

2-Knee

btw: This is the deck that I ordered that I am refering too.
http://ikesound.com/Prod_Details.asp?Prod_Id=810

shepherd79
04-03-2003, 04:14 PM
i didn't attach my remote to anything, this way people on the back can use it.

Grant2k
04-03-2003, 04:14 PM
my girlfriend keeps hers in the coin drawer on the left of the steering wheel. in my mom's 98 for the garage door opener she put velcro on the back and put it on the side off the map pocket in the driver's door.

and don't end your sentence in a preposition.

86hatchbackLXi
04-03-2003, 07:46 PM
my remote has a strap and its attatched to the steering wheel. it was designed this way and its very helpful and easy to use while driving. it almost looks like it came from the factory this way

89 Accords Rock
04-23-2003, 08:50 AM
i took my remote velcroed it and place it on my mirror. just on the plastic piece that connetcs the mirror. that way its easy to grab and it works from there also. ill post a pic with it when i get the chance/

Coitis1
04-23-2003, 02:32 PM
i don't have a remote for my deck, but i have a cd changer. i had the control wired through the back of the tape holder. so i have a little roud hole in the corner of my tape holder comartment and my remote just sits in the compartment. that way i can pick it up and change cd or whatever. there's not really any good places to velcro something since our center console is so low. maybe u could put ur remote on ur steering wheel.

Grant2k
04-23-2003, 03:04 PM
i stick by the map pocket idea.

88' Accord Ltd
04-23-2003, 06:16 PM
My friend keeps his in the coin drawer. I just leave mine in the house and press the buttons on the deck.

bradccool
04-23-2003, 07:09 PM
I just put it on our little shelf built in the dash.....always with the rubber buttons down....so it doesnt slide.........sometimes if I dont want people to see it I put it in my sunviser cd holder thingy

Shifty
04-23-2003, 07:14 PM
i always keep my remote in the compartment next to the handbrake or on my dash but most of the time some has it in their hand

88LX-iSedan
04-23-2003, 07:23 PM
My HU came with a remote holder :tongue: ..I dont use it though, I usually just sit it on the pass seat or if someone is in the car i just let them hold it.

Grant2k
04-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 88LX-iSedan
My HU came with a remote holder :tongue: ..I dont use it though, I usually just sit it on the pass seat or if someone is in the car i just let them hold it.
but isn't the "remote holder" just a little thing that sort of fits around the remote? it's a thing that you are supposed to attach to something so the remote can sit in it? so really you still need to find a place to put the holder. where did you put it?

88LX-iSedan
04-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 88LX-iSedan
My HU came with a remote holder :tongue: ..I dont use it though, I usually just sit it on the pass seat or if someone is in the car i just let them hold it. ..heheh You can figure that out (Read the quote again)

87AccordLXsdn
04-24-2003, 05:04 PM
I lost my remote somewhere...:(

wallyyfm
04-29-2003, 05:08 PM
i have a steering wheel remote, its curved to mount, but i never mounted it, i jsut tuck it in my visor

Mike's89AccordLX
04-29-2003, 05:45 PM
You don't have a center console? I have 3 you could buy one from me. I have a maroon lx console. Tan lx-i console with tapeholder. Tan Se-i ebrake console. You could buy the sei ebrake console and the lxi one and have a semi complete sei console. Thats what I did until I found cupholders.

PM me if interested.

cdscowboy
04-29-2003, 08:04 PM
here's my stuff...hopefully it works...if not, i have some velcro on the center console down by the seat adjuster, some on the driver's side of the stereo and some on the back of my steering wheel...

http://members.villagephotos.com/viewimage.asp?id_=2390998

http://members.villagephotos.com/viewimage.asp?id_=2390999

damn i hate the internet...just go to my site, then look at the link at the bottom to "pics of my car, etc"....they're on there

dXsquared
05-05-2003, 01:56 PM
i used an elastic to hold mine to the EBRAKE handle.. it works great there... but i cant get a full squeeze on the e brake

Travis

87DXHatch
05-05-2003, 02:11 PM
I don't get the point of you people having your remotes around all the time... I've got one, but I NEVER use it because the deck is like 2 feet from you at all times... and damn it, it's my car, and you're going to have to ask permission before you fiddle with my CD player.

If I use it, it's for people in the back seat, or if I'm using my car at a party or something and don't want to lean in through the window to change stuff.

Grant2k
05-05-2003, 02:20 PM
a lot of them have more controls on the remote than on the head unit.

cdscowboy
05-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah...there's a few features on mine that aren't on the deck itself, or they're a pain to get to through the deck. Plus, I don't like to lean forward and change stuff on the deck...I think it takes my eyes off the road a bit.

Defiant[YD]
05-10-2003, 06:41 PM
i have mine attached to my car key chain. cuz like some of u have said, the deck is only so far from me when i'm drivin. i just use it when i'm testing out new stuff i do to the sound system, saves me from going all the way to the front of the car and operating the HU.

Sabz5150
05-12-2003, 08:31 PM
My left pocket :)

Gregs89AccordLxi
05-12-2003, 11:46 PM
I keep mine in my armrest compartment, easy to get to and keeps it from gettin damaged :D

87AccordsterLx
05-13-2003, 05:47 PM
I leave mine in my lap while I am driving and when I get out it sits next to my shifter.

Justin86
05-20-2003, 09:35 AM
I keep my remote with my phone on the console under the e-brake, and the seats stop it from moving too much side to side with no velcro.

goldyaccord
05-22-2003, 07:47 PM
I had mine up on the Mirror support. then I moved it to the dome light and it was much better since everyone could get it.

87accordDxRocFosStyl
05-22-2003, 09:41 PM
I have mine in my Visor Cd holder unless someones in the car then I hide it cause the driver always picks the tunes in my ride! HEHEHE

IWLSF
05-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Most of my friends, and myself included when I had one, put it in the vents. If it's one of those 'credit card' remotes, it'll slide in between the vents pretty easily. And really, unless you have an automatic, I dont think you'll be using it that often. Just reach your lazy ass over and hit the button heh. Jk jk...