PDA

View Full Version : My 3gee Soon To Be Back

HondaBoy
04-03-2003, 10:51 PM
ok well i think most of yall know that my 3gee was wrecked in January 03. well i havnt drove it since. i have seriously missed it. currently im workin on the interior. but neway, my grandma who i live with said she would pay to get it fixed. she will not let me sell it. its still under her name, plus she pays my insurance. so im not gonna argue. ok, well she has told me 2day that in 2 weeks, we will get it fixed. i think i might as well get the side skirts put on since the bodyshop can do that. well im hoping for the best. so in no more than 3 weeks, it should at least be in the shop. :cool:

Mike89Accordcom
04-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Sweet man. You got a pretty good situation there.

HondaBoy
04-07-2003, 03:53 PM
2day, i went and talked to the owner of the body shop. i asked him about puttin on my spoiler that ive had for about a year now. it just needs to be painted and installed correctly. also i asked him about taking off the tail light they want to replace. i think its rediculous to pay $100 or so for a semi-new one. i can get one for about $5-$10 at the junkyard i always go to. now the cost of their estamate is $1800. they will be able to fix the frame and body along with the suspension. i also think i should get my roof fixed cuz it had been dented in a while back. as for the side skirts, i think i will get my friends cousin to do that. he does some awsome paint and body work. come to think of it, maybe i should just save some money and let him do the spoiler too. i think i should also let him do the bumpers when i get them. i want to get some fiberglass bodykit to go with the side skirts. i hope they wont do a piss poor job. they are ASE certified. all staff. so that makes me feel better. and also a few of the cars in the parking lot look realy nice that they fixed. i guess im just going to get my car repainted the original Champain Beige. its not a bad color so i think it will look good when it all comes together.

HondaBoy
04-07-2003, 08:17 PM
DAMN!!! i cant believe this. well this is not it. i went and tried to get my battery charged at the parts store. they said the battery is bad. well i drove my new 02 accord up in the grass next to it and gave it a jump start. now this is what surprised me. that damn 3gee started right up!!! after 3 months i would think i would have some problems besides the battery. like stale fuel. nope. that thing started right up and came down realy quick to its 900rpm idle. i let it run for about 20 mins. and turned it off. then tried starting and it worked again. i turned on my headlights just to see em, cuz they are the H4 conversions with bright ass lights in them. they are as bright as they were back in january. no water got inside the housing thank God. so tomorrow is the big day. well unless something realy bad happens, they are picking it up. thats why i needed to start it and make shur it worked right. i will find out the "actual cost" of the complete job when they find all the parts. so hopefully in 1-2 weeks, the old 3gee will be back.

Jareds 89 LX-i
04-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Heheh....kinda reminds me when I picked mine up to tow it home after it was wrecked. We parked it in the parking lot of a friends shop, where it sat unused and unstarted for about 4 months. I went to pick up on a hot HOT July day, opened the door and all the hot air with the nasty aroma of plastic about knocked me out. The battery was dead as a doornail, so I went in and asked the guy to borrow his portable jump starter thing (one of those little batteries). He brings it out and hooks it up, and I get in and turn the key, and vrooom! She instantly fires right up like it's nobodys business, and ran as smooth and quiet as she does today and always has. The guy said, "Wow, that thing just started right up, huh?!? Damn!". After getting for frozen brakes unstuck, I drove her around and right up onto the tow dolly.

Also, when I bought my 86 LX parts car a couple years ago, it had sat unused and unrun for over a year, and well over a year by the time I tried to start it. It had no battery so I jumped it with mine, but it was completely out of gas and wouldn't start. I added a couple gallons of gas, pumped the gas pedal a couple times (grrr...carbs), and it started right up first crank! Idled a little high and wasn't quite as smooth as mine, but hey it was still pretty damn good!

There's just no killing our A20's, I tell you! haha :super:

Oh yes, glad to hear you're getting your car fixed too :)

HondaBoy
04-10-2003, 05:26 PM
well i havent had much time to update on my car. tuesday morning they came over just as they said they would. i was at school but my grandma was here. they took it over and after i got out of school, i went to talk to them. they had it parked right by the garage door, which usually means they are going to start on it soon. i asked about getting it completly repainted. they said that would bring the cost up to about 3500 or more. i dont remember the exact cost. i say screw that cuz my friends cousin will strip the entire car, engine bay and all. he will do a professional top quality job for about $500-$800 depending on how much time he take. i still want to get the roof fixed cuz its dented in a bit from when they broke in a long time ago. i asked how long it will take and they said 1-2 weeks. they already found cars to get the stuff from, but they are shopping around for the cheapest price cuz we po. well since my grandma is paying, i cant complain. i hope it comes back sooner that 1 week. i think i should go check on it frequently to see the progress. i also will take some pix of it if they will let me.

HondaBoy
04-14-2003, 07:35 PM
today, i went to check on my car. i like to see whats going on. well i asked if i could take some pix and they said go ahead. they have the back end cut off and were preping for tomorrow morning. they said they are going to finish up the body work tomorrow. then it will take about 2 days for painting. they said it should be done by thursday if not before. i know i wont be able to wax it cuz u need to let the paint dry realy well. especially in our weather here. we usually dont get below 60% humidity. like today i think it was around 85%. and thats nothing, its usually about 95% on a daily basis. i just cant wait to get to drive it again. i saw a maxima they just got done with. i asked the owner who was picking it up when i was there where i was hit. i kinda already knew cuz the rear bumper cover wasnt on. every line and seam was perfect! he said this was the 2nd time it was wrecked. he was telling me that he only does business with this place. and for good reason. u just couldnt tell it was ever wrecked! i looked at every thing. perfect. hope mine turns out just as nice.

HondaBoy
04-17-2003, 12:40 PM
i called yesterday and they said 2 or 3 days. they will work all day today(thursday) and half day friday. saturday is also half day. so if its not done by friday i will probley get it back monday or tuesday. i hope sooner. i realy have missed that car.

HondaBoy
04-19-2003, 08:45 PM
well i guess by now yall know i havnt receive my 3gee yet. i was gonna go over 2day but i said fuck it. ill just let them call me or sumtin. well monday they should have it back to new. i think its taking longer than i thought cuz of the high humidity to mess with the painting. i post some before and after pix when its done.

HondaBoy
04-22-2003, 07:12 PM
2day its tuesday. i went to see about my car and take some pix. yesterday, the body work was being finished. 2day it was primed and tomorrow is going to be painted and then clear coated if they have time. they set the target date for thursday so i hope i will have it back sooner than later. it looked realy good. all the lines were strait and it didnt look fucked up either.

blazin3gen
04-22-2003, 07:27 PM
wow what is this a diary, lol hope u get it back dude all luck to ya!

HondaBoy
04-22-2003, 07:34 PM
i was actually just checkin back here just now to see if someone would call this a diary. hehe. ill post some pix of the progress of my 3gee as it went from ugly to pretty.

blazin3gen
04-22-2003, 07:36 PM
lol next time start it off Dear Diary ok :lol and as for pics cant wait dude

HondaBoy
04-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Dear Diary, hehe. well tomorrow is the set date to finish my car. im gonna be pissed if its not done by then. they had it for 2 weeks yesterday. i hope they didnt mess my seats up. i just got them about a month ago. im gonna buy some wheels to dress it up. there 13in honda rims.

HondaBoy
04-24-2003, 02:18 PM
they didnt have it ready 2day. damn it! they promissed tomorrow it would be finished so if its not, well i guess they will be gettin a talkin to. lol. they have everything painted. they still need to install the bumper, bumper cover, rear window, and thats about it. they better give me my same window back cuz the defroster still works. i bought the wheels 2day also, but had not luck getting them. i will go back tomorrow and get my car and the wheels. ill post pix of both.