PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With My Alignment??

89accordlxi
04-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Okay, figure this one out for me. I just got an alignment done at a local shop and the BIATCH is still pulling. The shop said that everything is aligned according to spec.(I'm the one who hit a curb going about 25-30 about a month and a half ago..in case any one has been paying attention.) I had the shop replace a blown inner tie rod for me and they did an alignment afterwards. The car was pulling hard to the left before I brought it in and I thought that after replacing the inner tie rod and getting an alignment would fix it. WRONG!!!!! It stills pulls to the left like a M%#$^$ F%%$#^... What could be wrong? They said the cross caster was only off by a degree or 2, which shoulnd't be a problem. Both of my front tires are really worn from driving so long with bad alignment and they said both tires were out-of-round. So I swapped the fresh rear tires with the worn front tires and still nothing. Could the worn, out-of-round tires cause the pulling even though they are on the rear. I have a set of semi new 17" tires that I am going to replace the worn ones with, but I was going to hold off for awhile, unless someone thinks they will help the pulling. I am currently runnig 40/205/17 tires, but my spares are 40/225/17. Will the 225 still fit or are they too wide?

Sorry this is so long, but I felt I needed to explain everything. Any suggestions or insight into this issue would be great.

Thanks,
Peace....

bobafett
04-04-2003, 11:46 AM
225 i think is too wide. but it would look daaamn sexy!
too bad we're not RWD! lol

AZmike
04-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Why didn't they fix your cross caster? Were both radius rods already moved to the extreme positions?