PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lamp failure sensor question?

toaster13
04-04-2003, 12:12 PM
I recently pulled a spoiler off a accord SE-I and put it on my 88 LX-I. The i unplugged the the brake light that was in the window and wired it to the led light in the spoiler. The lights works fine, but now the "brake lamp" light comes on in the dash. if i plug the old light back in then the sensor isn't tripped. I'm thinking it's because the car was set up with a incandesant light and now i'm using LED. i don't know if there is a power usage difference or something. Is there anyway to bypass the failure sensor. or to get it too work, without tripping the senesor. I figured there has to be a way to fool the sensor into thinking it works.

meohmy01
04-04-2003, 12:18 PM
i bought a ghetto rigged 94 accord with a wing on it that wasn't wired up and i had the same problem. what i ended up doing is using both. i got those three way connectors and spliced into the power that went to the window. works fine.

Coitis1
04-04-2003, 04:25 PM
i saw this in a post once. someone said that the car thinks a brake light is out b/c LED's draw less current than the regular light. i'd say wire both brake lights together like mentioned in the above post.

DanG86LX
04-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Hope ur car is wired the same as mine. Look for W/G wire at the driver's side and ground it. It will disable both sensors. If u want to keep driver's side but disable passenger's side, ground G wire.

toaster13
04-13-2003, 12:43 PM
i ended up grounding the G wire on the passengers side and it works great, thanks alot.