PDA

View Full Version : Weber install ?'s

cspeed
04-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Okay, I am new poster here, but I've been reading this forum for almost 3 months. I just bought my Accord in January and have been busy modifying it.

Right now I have installed the Weber 32/36 kit and am having some ?'s pertaining to it.

1. I used someone's instructions that was in the "how to" section to install the carb, but doing so I have noticed that I no longer have a temperature gauge, since i took out all of the coolant lines off the intake manifold. Has anyone found a solution on how to fix this problem?

2. On cold startup, I am still having problems with the car starting right away, I don't remember hooking up the choke, anyone have any direction to point me on hooking up the choke?

3. When I stomp the gas, I get bad bogg in the beginning, anyone have any ideas why that's happening?

Thanks in advance.

Brendan

A20A1
04-06-2003, 04:15 AM
do you stomp the gas when cold or hot?
The temp guage used the manifold coolant for the sensor... you can maybe buy a LXI thermostat housing... the LXI (EFI) thermostat housing has a temp sensor on it... just take the wire off the carb intake manifold and put it to the sensor on the thermostat housing. you may need to lengthen the wire some.

I'm not sure on the choke situation.

A20A1
04-06-2003, 04:22 AM
don't mind the blue arrow.
Anyways there is the sensor sticking out of the EFI thermostat... it's right beneath the green colored connector.

shepherd79
04-06-2003, 07:16 AM
ohhhh, i have to get this thermostat housing. i had to find adapter so i could move my temperature gauge sensor on the top of the thermostat housing. it works, but it can work better.
oh man, now i have to get this one.

cspeed
04-06-2003, 09:23 AM
i stomp it when it's both, but i really don't have to stomp it when it's cold, it does it anyway. im thinking it may be just too much of a carb for the car, as it sits right now.

ill have to look for an efi housing this week, thanks for the help.
that helped a lot.

brendan

Darkside
04-06-2003, 10:39 AM
I put my weber on this weekend and am having simalar problems. I think to get rid of the bog or stutter. you turn the mixture screw in until it touches the seat then back it out one full turn. That helped me. Start tuning from there. Ohh Yeah you set the idle screw first but I figured you already done that.

2old_honda
04-06-2003, 05:05 PM
You can drill and tap your stock housing. If you get the LX-i housing, the sensor kind of interferes with the distributor.

A20A1
04-07-2003, 07:10 PM
To get rid of the bog you possibly need a richer mixture or a timing adjustment...
Possibly turn the screw out 2 full turns and increase the accelerator pump jet. to a 55 or a 60.
Also increase the idle jet since that also plays a role in the low end. I'm not sure how it's set up on the newer weber 32/36... I have an older casting type so alot of the stuff I listed before may not apply to your kit.

When you start getting richer jets you need to look into getting some ignition mods... or you'll just have more problems since you plugs will fowl quicker and you'll just lose throttle response.