PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel jerking

superaccord
05-31-2002, 12:51 AM
ok, what is the prob. at high speeds, i'll hit my brakes and my car pullls to the right.also when i tap my brakes my steering wheel quikly jerkes to the right, but wont move my car, it must barely jerks really fast. Off the subject of my brakes my car is wobbly when i corner, like the tire is gonna fall off the rim. handles like shit, and i have good struts,and springs, and nitto rubber. its scary to drive on the high way, it feels like im hydro planning.whats wrong? is it bushings, sway bars, anything like that i need. thanks,
matt

accordlx
05-31-2002, 01:53 AM
If your car is jerking to the right, chances are that your left front caliper isnt doing anything. It's either bad, not bled correctly, the brake pad on that side are worn or the brake pad lining is contaminated. I would personally guess that your brake isnt bled correctly.

As for your other problem, you will need an alignment. The turn in on the car is not correct. (I the same probem after lowering my car.) You will need a 4 wheel computerized alignment so they can adjust the "toe" on all 4 wheels as your camber and caster.

It's a little expensive but you will notice an immediate improvement. I thought I had screwed up my car when I made an adjustment in my alignment after lowering. The actual alignment using the tie rods was right, everything else was very wrong though. If you don't align soon, you will have premature tire wear.

smufguy
05-31-2002, 10:30 AM
hope u dont have a frozen caliper that would mess up your rotors and your pads and even your tires for extreme sense. See if your lock pin is in place (for some reason i heard ppl have cases where the hub broke loose). Like u know, get a 4wheel alignment and see if there is any change. Check your pads too. Your brakes would be spungy and sticky if u have air in your system so i dont think this is what it is in your case.

flyngtomato
06-01-2002, 04:30 PM
i had the same problem i changed the top ball joints (both sides) and the problem went away

superaccord
06-06-2002, 11:23 AM
thanks for the help u guys