PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Honda -- Bushing

prozacposterboy
04-04-2003, 06:05 PM
I recently started the massive project of chaning my CV halfshafts. When I went to remove the damper fork bushing the bolt was frozen so I ended up cutting through it with a grinder. Thanks to another thread I found out majestic honda's website so I ordered new bushings and bolts.

Here is the deal...

The original bushings looked as if they just fit snug in the lower control arm. The new bushings I have, have a metal sleeve around them and will not fit in the control arm. Maybe about an eighth of an inch too large. Any info would be apreciated.

Prozac.

guaynabo89
04-04-2003, 10:32 PM
You didn't take off the old bushing, you broke it off. THe reason it has that metal casing is cause its pressed into the contol arm.

Find yourself a machine shop and have them press the new one in.

anchovies
04-05-2003, 01:02 AM
Damnit...if you just check the market section, I have those for sale cheap.
Someone, please get this stuff off me!!

prozacposterboy
04-05-2003, 08:31 AM
damnit... i realized that this morning when I looked carefully... Shoulda ordered bushings for the whole arm... thanks

dosh8er
04-05-2003, 08:56 PM
*BIG GRIN*

Yeah, that was MY problem about 2/3 weeks ago!
Except, I got out the old metal part around the old bushing, and well, had a hell of a time getting the new one in... yes, i did do it. it WASN'T pretty either!

Oh well, I doubt the car will last long enough to see the end of the life of that bushing... at least I don't plan on keeping it THAT long.

The other side I just pulled the CV joint apart, and had it done in 2 hrs.

prozacposterboy
04-06-2003, 07:26 AM
hah. I was prepairing for the right side next weekend. I ordered new bushings for both sides so I dont have any setbacks again. I stripped the front suspension apart in about an hour, got to that bolt and... shit!. But it was an excuse to go out and buy a handy dandy grinder that I was able to justify to "the ol' ball n' chain" hehe.

whew... wish me luck

P.
p.

bambamky
05-06-2003, 02:28 PM
thats right I had a similar prob!
what you want to do is get something to cut the old bushing ring out the put the new onre in (mind you its not easy might have to bang it in!