PDA

View Full Version : Car audio is making me deaf

AccordEpicenter
04-04-2003, 06:45 PM
I think im gonna sell my subs and amp and put money into my engine, I think the system is making me deaf from daily driving. What do you guys think?

87AccordsterLx
04-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Down grade so you still have a nice system with decient bass feedback but just not as loud as it is now. I have 2 12" Pioneer 600w IMPP's with a 400w interfire amp that I tested at about 423watts. It hits perfectly, I can tune it up on songs that I want a lot of bass but for normal conditions its just enough to feel good bass. In my opinion you need a moderate amount of lows, mids, and highs to compleate a system. I plan on selling my dual 12's and getting a solo 12" sealed box and keeping my amp.

http://www.ghalili.com/Nathan/Nate's%20Page/3gs/3gbeats.jpg

RCracer
04-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
I think im gonna sell my subs and amp and put money into my engine, I think the system is making me deaf from daily driving. What do you guys think?

WHAT DID YOU SAY? I couldn't quite hear you!!

Maybe I am starting to suffer from the same thing.:lol :lol :lol

On a serious note I have noticed after a long drive with the stereo on fairly loud that I am always saying "What did you say?" to people for the next few hours. or maybe its just I am getting old and my hearing is going. :lol :lol

Chubs87Accord
04-05-2003, 07:01 PM
same here.. i can hear everything else fine.. but for some reason as soon as i get in the car i cant even hear it if its not loud as hell.. i was with some people and they went 'dude, turn the volume down' and i was like 'down? are you kidding i can barely hear it' kinda scarry.. i think if i ever hook up with a sound system im gonna see about hooking up a kill switch where when the switch is off the radio will just run through the regular 4 speakers and when i want just flick it on and the subs and what not kick in... think its possible guys?

86hatchbackLXi
04-05-2003, 07:36 PM
just turn it down. with the money youll make selling used subs and an amp you arent going to be able to do that much performance wise. but thats just my opinion

AccordEpicenter
04-05-2003, 08:13 PM
well i could prolly get $3-$400 for it, and it weighs well over 125lbs... I get huge performance gains just by taking my mofo box out. I remember how loud this this was when i put it in, i drove around the town for 30 min and after i got out i couldnt hear jack squat (seriously, youd have to shout to me for me to understand) but i just find myself saying stuff like wut and are you talking to me alot more now and i can sit in the car for like hours at a time playing the thing at its very limits and it doesnt faze me anymore. When people get in my car, the usual reaction is them plugging their ears and saying goddamn thats so FUCKING LOUD turn it down. Im thinking about downsizing to a component kit and a sealed 10 or 12

87AccordsterLx
04-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Chubs87Accord
same here.. i can hear everything else fine.. but for some reason as soon as i get in the car i cant even hear it if its not loud as hell.. i was with some people and they went 'dude, turn the volume down' and i was like 'down? are you kidding i can barely hear it' kinda scarry.. i think if i ever hook up with a sound system im gonna see about hooking up a kill switch where when the switch is off the radio will just run through the regular 4 speakers and when i want just flick it on and the subs and what not kick in... think its possible guys?

Yes you can get a simple switch to kill the power to the amp but you dont need one. Just get one of those knobs that you can tune the power down from the drivers seat. I think fosgate amps have them along with many other namebrands. You can probably get one and hook it up to your amp as well.

88 Accord DX
04-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Chubs87Accord

yeah just get a toggle switch and run the RMT wire though it. its really simple. too simple actually.

Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx
Yes you can get a simple switch to kill the power to the amp but you dont need one. Just get one of those knobs that you can tune the power down from the drivers seat. I think fosgate amps have them along with many other namebrands. You can probably get one and hook it up to your amp as well.

the knob your talking about is Remote Bass. thats what i have. it helps alot but when you have a really good system with alot of bass, not even it can turn the bass down enough.

MrBen
04-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Well I wear a hearing aid, I guess I shouldn't risk it with subs. I really want them though.

88 Accord DX
04-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
Well I wear a hearing aid, I guess I shouldn't risk it with subs. I really want them though.

just get some really good 6.5s for the front and hook them up to an amp. i suggest these:
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/KENKFC1687

AccordEpicenter
04-05-2003, 10:25 PM
i have both the amp switch and bass knob. I just love running around with the thing full max.

wallyyfm
04-07-2003, 10:21 AM
im going deaf too...

Blue Impact
04-07-2003, 11:22 AM
What? What did you just say? Turn down the music, dude. Yeah, I think you should get rid of the system to lose another reason why someone would wanna break into your car as well. Take 88 Accord DX's advice.

AccordEpicenter
04-07-2003, 11:58 AM
yeah im thinking going for sound Q now, not being loud... i love it but its killing my hearing