PDA

View Full Version : got somethin that might bake your noodle

prozacposterboy
04-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Okay.. check this out.

They had a half price sale at the wrecking yard a couple weeks ago so I packed my tools up and went on my way like a little kid going to toys-r-us, grinnin all the way.

So I get me a used compressor for my ac the high and low pressure lines and a few other things..

one is the R. Rear power locks mechenism (I have a 4 door lxi). Mine never worked when I bought it, just manually, so I assumed it was an electrical issue with the part itself. Its a pain to run around and lock the door when im in a hurry (that and Im lazy). So Ichange everything and it still doesnt work. So Im assuming its an electrical wire issue. Any of you 3Gers have this problem? And if so, what did you do to fix it.

Thanks.

P.

2old_honda
04-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Check the fuses. It could also be a bad relay(s).

prozacposterboy
04-05-2003, 08:36 PM
The other three locks work .. just the right rear lock doesnt function. Is there a relay for every lock or just for the overall system?

YK86
04-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Make sure the wires are getting power. When I bought my car, the rear locks and windows didn't work. Turned out to be rusty connectors. The wires were also starting to fray.

prozacposterboy
04-06-2003, 07:24 AM
Thanks. I still need to go out and buy a multimeter. I learned the hard way when I tried to set up the keyless entry with a test light. Bye-bye ecu and hello ALOT of problems that needed to be fixed.

p.