PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Big Brake setup

RobT5580
04-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Ok i have been working on making a kit that fits properly w/o spacers. The bracket that i had made on the CNC was almost perfect. I just need to have 1/16 shaved off and it should be perfect. It fits now but the rotor comes very close to the back caliper bracket. I guess thats not bad considering i put the kit on the first time and estimated the thickness but now having the caliper setup on my bench i can see how big of a deal that 1/16 was.

I have also been looking into selling these brackets with hardware but i have yet to find a company that sells just the rotors. Also my machinists wants a good deal for the 4 piece kit and the bolts are expensive and must be purchased in bulk due to the odd thread of the bolt. So if i do make up a kit im looking at around $100 a set possibly a tad more. But the quality is nicer than the AEM kit and should cost less than buying the conventional AEM kit if you can get the rotors at a fair price. So the kit will be on this week once i have that fixed and the weather clears up from the rain/snow forcasted.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-05-2003, 12:43 PM
So is it an entire big brake kit for us? Or just the stuff to put on a big brake kit? I don't quite understand what you mean.

RobT5580
04-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Basically all the kit consists of is 4 brackets 2 caliper relocation brackets and 2 small blocks to extend the mounting for the factory brake line. Then 12 bolts 3 different types. I was going to sell just the hardware and brackets and you would only need the larger rotors. The brackets are made out of high grade aluminum and the bolts are hardened bolts. I would expect the rotors to be around $100 ea based on that regular aftermarket ones are $60 but that is hard to say since i dont know for sure. But even if they were up to $300 for the pair you would still be ahead of the game and its all custom so actually better off. We will see what happens because i dont have a lot of time to work on my own stuff nevermind more stuff.