PDA

View Full Version : Rack end? or Tie Rod.

Immeraufdemhund
04-05-2003, 12:34 PM
ES2183R
--------------
53521-SA0-003
-------------
made in japan

(that is what my pink slip says)

i looked it up using the faq thing and the closest thing i found first was the tie rod, but it wasn't the same, so i used the second link and typed it in and it said end,rack.... i know what a tie rod is, (dont know were it goes) but i've never heard of a rack end... what is it, and how do i put it in? or is it one of those get someone who has special tools do it jobs... thanx. oh yah, this is a 89 lx 4 dr 5spd... not my 87 hb.

A20A1
04-06-2003, 04:18 AM
bump...

ACCORD EX
04-06-2003, 09:02 AM
the rack end ( i think ) is from the rack and pinion to the wheels ( balljoint ( tie rod end )+ the bar ) which is only replaced if it was bent ( car accident )
tie rod end is the small L shaped piece containing the balljoint ( teh one which is adjusted in wheel alignment ! :D

hope this helps !

MIKE

Immeraufdemhund
04-07-2003, 05:11 AM
ok. this piece is about 8 inches and has a rubber ball at one of hte ends it's about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. My friend has the part again so I can't measure it right now. One end is threaded and the other has the rubber thing. But by the looks of it and and i'm trying to think i'm thinking it's the rack end the first one you said..... a20 what do you mean bump?

ACCORD EX
04-07-2003, 08:26 AM
what you have described is the tie rod end ( ball joint ! )

MIKE