PDA

View Full Version : Profile Amp251

xbi0s
04-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Just found this in my garage...

Anyone know anything about them?

IWLSF
04-06-2003, 03:17 PM
I had a kid bring one to school to install in his truck, and he didnt really care if it was generic or anything because it was free. The damn thing was nasty looking though. I've tried searching for the amp you're talking about, but I cant find that specific one on the net. They are probably discontinued.

After looking around though, I think Profile makes the Baja line of amps, and my friend has one of those 300w Baja's. They are freaking badass. It performed better than his 1000w Kicker amp. The moral is: if Profile makes Baja's as good as their own, it'll be a nice amp lol.

AccordEpicenter
04-06-2003, 09:44 PM
they are cheaper amps and sound ok but ive been impressed with them because no $120 amp could stand up to the abuse I gave it. The power ratings are pretty close and theyre built decent for a cheap amp. My friend is still running it at 2 ohms bridged (minimum ohms for bridged is specified as 4) and it still pounds as hard as any 300w amp ever could, it just gets hot as hell when ran that hard

Strahan
04-07-2003, 06:06 AM
For being a no-name brand, Profile amps are pretty decent. I had three of them so far and had no issues. Performed well and sounded good.

xbi0s
04-07-2003, 06:14 AM
This one has like the wires prebuilt into the amp, they aren't on screws....

and it has no fuses

AccordEpicenter
04-07-2003, 12:11 PM
ok then it must be an early model or somthing... Ive only had experience with the california, baja, and clarus series amps