PDA

View Full Version : Recovering The Arm Rest

HondaBoy
04-06-2003, 03:51 PM
the last couple of weeks, ive been working on the interior of my car. its lookin great, but im not done. i still have a bit more to go. well i had bought this SE-I front seat console arm rest. from what i hear, they arent too common. neway, as some of u know, some were covered in leather, which mine is. its old and cracked from the original owner not takeing very good care of it. well since im trying to make all the stuff match, i thought i should just recover it. i had bought a new fold down part of the back seat. i thought i could use the fabric that was good from the old back seat. the best fabric i found was on the pop out arm rest. i took the fabric off. it was just held by a thing that reminds me of a Zip Lock bag. i took that off and it pulled right off. my grandma is going to sew it for me, so that should look pretty cool. i will mosdef post some pix of that along with the rest of my new custom interior. i think i will do it in red cuz the back seat arm rest is red. like i said i wanna get it to match and make it look uniform with the rest of the car.

IWLSF
04-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Sounds cool, I cant wait to see it.

2old_honda
04-06-2003, 05:11 PM
thats a good idea.

Gregs89AccordLxi
04-07-2003, 12:11 AM
sounds good hondaboy cant wait to see da pics, i also just redid the fabric on my armrest, went to the junkyard and found a accord with same interior color (burgundy) cut a good size piece off the back of the passenger seat brought it home and i took apart the armrest and put the new fabric on and used a hot glue gun and slowly worked it all the way around then i put the plastic cover back on, looks like a new armrest, only thing i recomend is adding some extra padding cuz it gets warn out easy...

Mike's89AccordLX
04-07-2003, 12:44 AM
When mine gets here from DXHATCHBACK I'm getting it redone with black leather with 3GEEZ stitched into the leather in white. I'm going to find out if they can add extra padding.

HondaBoy
04-07-2003, 03:43 PM
my grandma told me something people will do when recovering things such as furniture or in my case, the arm rest. she says just leave the leather there underneath to give it padding. plus its easier and less likely to mess up the foam underneath. well she still hasnt started, but i guess i cant complain cuz i was the one that asked her to do it. i should come out fairly nice. im just too lazy to make the pattern and sew it myself. plus i dont realy know how to make it nice.

meohmy01
04-07-2003, 04:05 PM
i had my cousin do mine. he covered it in leather and pretty much just glued it on. he's a shoe fixer person (cobler?)

HondaBoy
04-07-2003, 08:08 PM
yeah, that would actually be what they call a shoe fixer person. a cobler. sounds like this pie thing my grandma makes.lol.