PDA

View Full Version : prelude headlights!

ryansaccord
04-06-2003, 06:30 PM
im going to repaint my car. Im going to get a wings west front bumper from my littlebrother. Its off his 90 accord. But i want to also do the newer prelude headlights. I think its 96, 97. But anyways i was wondering abou how much they would cost me. anybody know? Im guessing a junk yard is gonna cost me up the ass.

Blue Impact
04-06-2003, 10:28 PM
It'll cost you an arm for sure, might cost you a leg too. I think you should just stick with the retracting headlights if you have a coupe or hatch, but if you have a sedan, hey, might wanna try something wild and yes, the Prelude lights would be wild. But yeah, it's gonna cost you though. Good luck if you decide on doing it.

3geedup
04-10-2003, 12:18 AM
i have never seen this mod. does it look cool? if so does anyone know how to do it?

spanky5485
04-10-2003, 04:35 AM
Hey guys,

If you want to have some info on the ( i think 6th gen prelude 97-2001) then go to the search on the site. search for prelude headlight conversion pics, that will get you what you want. or talk to h0ndavtec because hes the one that did it.

your welcome for the advice

-Ryan-

bobafett
04-10-2003, 08:25 AM
prolly at least 3000, but i would guess 4kish...

MrBen
04-10-2003, 10:02 AM
It looks like shit. I really don't see why anyone would want to do that.

It's going to be a lot of money.

HondaBoy
04-12-2003, 11:34 PM
have good luck finding those prelude headlights at a junk yard. more than likely u arent gonna have too good of luck finding the there. those cars are rare to see in a junk yard. maybe in a few years. and if u do find them, they may been nasty and the plastic messed up. it would be cheaper than gettin them new though. i would like to see this when and if u get it done.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-13-2003, 12:04 AM
I love my flip ups too much. I used my flip ups to impress my current g/f before we were going out. The wink trick. Yeah you all know what I'm talking about. I told her that if I could make my car wink at her she would have to give me a kiss. Well I guess it was pretty smooth b/c she thought it was cool and we're together almost 8 months later. Wow time has flown.

i.c.
04-13-2003, 08:07 AM
i found this car on the internet, it has prelude style headlights http://www.accordracing.com/photogallery/1986-1989/pic.asp?picc=02

MrBen
04-13-2003, 06:56 PM
From the front it looks okay, it follows the lines pretty well, but from the side it just doesn't look right. I dunno. I like my filp ups better.

86hatchbackLXi
04-13-2003, 07:26 PM
someone on the board has done it to a hatch. i think his username is hondavtec

danronian
04-14-2003, 07:45 PM
IMO, that looks so good. I have fallen in love with that style of prelude and I know I wont be able to afford one for a long time, I am just scared I would screw up my 3g in the process.

ryansaccord
04-15-2003, 08:06 PM
yeah, i like the look too, I already have 93 accord altezzas and i wanted to do something to the front end, so im gonna put the wings west front bumper and those headlights, it shouldnt be too hard. Just find them cheap enogh

Rosen99
04-16-2003, 08:45 AM
u better have soem $$$ saved up...i saw a guys 3rd gen Accord on here..i beleive hes an administrator or something....he had prelude lits custom fitted to his car w/ a new paint job etc....said it cost him close to $3000+....i might be off on the figure though...good luck but its gonna be pricee...

ryansaccord
04-16-2003, 07:16 PM
im gonna do it myself, all i need to do is find the lights, im gonna bid on a pair on ebay right now for like 70 bucks. I didnt know they had stuff like that on ebay. But i do now

HondaBoy
04-17-2003, 12:19 PM
i have seen other cars with custom fit lights but they sometimes dont come out right. now u say ur gonna do the work urself right? well u realy need to make shur that u get the lights aligned correctly. i wanna still be able to see. i dont think it would be too hard to do it. but still u wanna make shur u do it right. make shur to take pix through the process of the custom job. and remember to post pix for us to see.

danronian
04-18-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by ryansaccord
im gonna do it myself
If you do it yourself be sure to take lots of pictures and post a how-to, that would be great. Then I would probably go through with it also.