PDA

View Full Version : AHHH!!! my dashboard light!!

ShawnS
04-06-2003, 08:56 PM
HELP!
my dashboard is without illumination!
where is the light located?

IWLSF
04-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Are you referring to the lights that illuminate the gauges from above? If so, there are just two lights that sit on top of the gauge cluster, you can see the blue lense if you look upwards on top of that lip that goes over the gauges. As far as removing everything to check, I'd check your fuses first. I dont know if there is one that controls only those lights, but if they both went out at the same time, I'm thinking there might be a fuse. Check all the fuses first, then from there, you need to get a manual or ask back about how to remove the dash trim around the gauges to get to the lights.

AccordEpicenter
04-06-2003, 09:50 PM
whoa i know what youre talking about. Its usually caused by the lighting controller going bad. Its underneath the steering colum mounted on the inside of the removable panel right under it in the dashboard. If thats not it try the switch

ShawnS
04-06-2003, 10:00 PM
thanks i'll try that

Blue Impact
04-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Try the dimmer control. Maybe you might've accidently touched it and switched it to dim someway or somehow. If it's not that, then check your fuses next. And if you really wanna go after the bulbs, I think you can do so without taking your gauge cluster out. Just pry open the plastic piece on the top and there are a couple screws that needs to be loosen (can't remember exactly how many), but you only need to loosen the that are holding down this white thing where the two bulbs goes to. I hope this makes some sense and my apologies if it doesn't.

2old_honda
04-06-2003, 10:15 PM
that happened to my civic. It turned out to be the little dimmer module was bad.