PDA

View Full Version : prelude moonroof...will it work???

cdscowboy
04-06-2003, 11:59 PM
I went to the junkyard today (spent like 3 hours, just meandering and messing around...it was great :D) and I bought a moonroof (retractable) out of an 87 Prelude. Has anyone else tried to put one of these in? Is it even possible? I know it'll take some work, but I have a pop-up sunroof now, so at least there's a hole. I think I could do it, but thought I'd ask for any advice. I really want this thing in, so optimistic advice is better!! :)

I'm also not sure what I'll need to do to wire the sucker up, but I figure getting in there is the first priority! :tongue:

thanks!

Matt

Accord3GFreak
04-07-2003, 01:52 PM
i dunno take it to some body shop place and maybe you can talk them into putint it in. hopefully it'll all work out. I'd do it!

:flipa: :flash: :smokin:

cdscowboy
04-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Having a body shop do it is a great idea, but college = no money for me!! I was hoping to do it on my own. Thanks for the input though! :)

Accord3GFreak
04-07-2003, 02:00 PM
where did you get your indiglo guages, can you hook me up with some, and tell me how to install them

cdscowboy
04-07-2003, 03:10 PM
I got them off of Ebay from the user "procarparts." A lot of people have them. Just do a search for "86 accord" on Ebay. You might want to ask the seller if they'll fit in the hatchback model...I'm not sure if they will.

Accord3GFreak
04-07-2003, 03:21 PM
okay thanks

cdscowboy
04-10-2003, 12:28 PM
BUMP...

Anyone have recommendations, etc? Anything's appreciated!! :)

blazin3gen
04-10-2003, 12:32 PM
with time anything is possible and if u want my 2cents i think u could do it!

cdscowboy
04-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Yeah...I think I could do it, I'm just lookin for pointers! What I really need is a covered area so when/if I trim my roof it doesn't get wet inside! Ahh...the joys of living in an apartment...

Any other suggestions are welcome!! :)

89AccordHatch
04-11-2003, 08:36 AM
i was thinkin about doin that once...i still have the sunroof in the basement....im not sure, since its retractable...theres prolly a track that sits between the interior fabric and outer metal of the car. but i had some ideas about getting it attached to the roof.

buzzbomber88lx
04-11-2003, 03:19 PM
that would be way cool. If you dont take it to a shop you will have to be right on the money for measurments and everything. If you do it without taking it to the shop use a saw that wont tear the crap out of your top and make the sides of the cuts uneven. (i.e. sawzall) unless you have some really good eyes and stuff

cdscowboy
04-12-2003, 02:24 PM
well, here's an update:

I took the prelude moonroof back to the junkyard yesterday and got one from an '86 accord sedan. Unfortunately, THIS one doesn't fit either!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! It fits better than the prelude one does, but none of the holes line up at all or anything... What a pain in the ass!! I'm gonna call some body shops on Monday.

BUT, if anyone wants to buy it, the '86 accord sunroof is for sale!!!

badmonkeynobanna
05-03-2003, 10:44 PM
You can put the roof in but you have to mount the tracks first and even after you get it in you will have problems with it leaking