PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake light, burned!

OldSchoolSwap
05-31-2002, 10:08 AM
Ok you electrical freaks!! My friend has a 3rd genny and his rear bulb (brake) next to the lices.. plate does not turn on. I changed it for him and the shit is still dead. I got my assy from my car (thinking the hole module/case was bad) still dead!
Checked fused.... all good.

The brake light in the dash is also "on"

Any suggestions guys?

OldSchoolSwap
05-31-2002, 10:22 AM
Oh I forgot to mention, the bulb does turn on when the parking lights turn "on" but when you stomp on the brakes the bulb does not turn on.:confused:

ACCORD EX
05-31-2002, 11:51 AM
my left one sometimes lights up and sometimes not ! i checked out and it was the plug that goes into the left tail light was a little bit loose ! :)

but what did you mean by that !

the bulb does turn on when the parking lights turn "on" but when you stomp on the brakes the bulb does not turn on

MIKE

shepherd79
05-31-2002, 12:11 PM
ok,
in each tail light there are modules, i still don't know how they work, but if it burns out or something, it may case the light to function unproperly.
I got from junk yard for $5. just make sure you match . there are different ones outthere. just take it out and see if you can find one.
I fixed on mine like that.
good luck

POS carb
05-31-2002, 03:53 PM
swap the little black box mounted on the tail light next to the bulbs :)

If you want me to swipe one for you I can probably get it tomorrow

OldSchoolSwap
06-01-2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
my left one sometimes lights up and sometimes not ! i checked out and it was the plug that goes into the left tail light was a little bit loose ! :)

but what did you mean by that !

MIKE
Well if you turn on the lights, the parking lights will turn on, front corner lights and rear lights. If you step on the brake pedal the light intesity will britten the rear light bulbs because you just steped on the brakes!

POS,
I changed the hole black little plastic assembly with the two bulbs together. Its like a black little box with a female connector that wires the reverse bulb and the brake bulb together. Is that what your talking about?

HostileJava
06-01-2002, 06:55 AM
There are actually two coils inside your brake lamp. One comes on when you turn the parking lights on and they both come on when you hit the brakes. Sounds like either the wire going to the second coil is broken some where or the assemble that holds the light my be loose.

BTW are you sure you replaced the lamp with one with two coils? if you only used a lamp with one coil that could be your problem.